Poll: How much food have you stored for the people you expect to be at your Bug-in or Bug-out location? (If you don't know guestimate)
Less than a day
1 to 3 days
4 to 7 days
1 to 2 weeks
3 to 4 weeks
1 to 3 months
4 to 6 months
7 to 9 months
10 to 12 months
more than a year
[Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
How much food have you stored?
24 February 2012, 21:38, (This post was last modified: 24 February 2012, 21:44 by Skvez.)
How much food have you stored?
How much food have you stored for the number of people you expect to be staying at either you Bug-out or Bug-in Location?

(It's difficult to put a single figure on this as I expect I'll run out of some things before others.
Also assume that your calorie intake is similar to what you eat normally. (In practice you may go on a low calorie diet to make your food last longer or go on an increased calorie diet if you need to haul water/wood).
Try and come up with a realistic 'average' figure.)
Doctor Prepper: What's the worst that could happen?
24 February 2012, 22:30,
RE: How much food have you stored?
Roughly 4 to 6 months @ over 2000 calories PPPD

25 February 2012, 10:39,
Need another choice...... Not enough!

Sailing away, not close to the wind.Heart
26 February 2012, 12:16,
(25 February 2012, 10:39)TOF Wrote: Need another choice...... Not enough!

Ditto
Dissent is the highest form of Patriotism - Thomas Jefferson
Those who sacrifice freedom for security deserve neither - Benjamin Franklin
26 February 2012, 12:56,
Only about a month or so at present.
26 February 2012, 14:54,
I was discussing this on Friday actually.

I have a current daily calorie intake around the 3500 mark. But I'm burning them off.

At the current calorie level, I have about 2.5 weeks of food. However, I wouldn't be in the gym after TSHTF. So I'd probably only be eating around 3000 calories.

With the numbers I've given, I'm working on the basis that the food in the cupboards doesn't exist. If they were null and void, it would be 3.5-4 weeks at 3000 calories a day. Including the food in the cupboards, I'd be pushing 1.3 months. I have about a week and a half's food in the cupboards. Put that into reduced calories, I should be able to push 2 months and a week. But that would be a real...lay around and do nothing all day type of calorie reduction!!!
Dissent is the highest form of Patriotism - Thomas Jefferson
Those who sacrifice freedom for security deserve neither - Benjamin Franklin
26 February 2012, 21:59,
4 - 6 months for me, the missus an the sprog. Working on foraging an bushcraft skills now.
27 February 2012, 14:42,
about 4-6 months for the two of us, probably nearer 6 months than 4 but would be having some strange combinations by the time it all ran out!!Big Grin
Some people that prefer to be alone arent anti-social they just have no time for drama, stupidity and false people.
4 March 2012, 18:30,
Currently 5 months for 2 of us and 2-3 months with family of 4 (helping non prepped family)with currently calorie intake.

On reduced calorie intake 8 months and 4-5 months respectively.
4 March 2012, 19:01,
I know from my spreadsheet that we have over 3 months of food but not yet 6 months worth. that's at 5000 calories per day shared between the 2 of us. Obviously I have more of some stuff less of others, but at least 3 months worth of everything.
Do not rush to meet Death, he may not wish to see you.