Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Lidl again night vision £59.99
25 February 2012, 09:23, (This post was last modified: 25 February 2012, 09:24 by Nemesis.)
Lidl again night vision £59.99
Lidl again night vision £59.99 27/02/2012

5x50 Digital Night Vision Viewer, Not the best but I have seen a few videos and read a lot of comments from people on hunting/shooting type forums and these are ok.

Make of it what you will.

http://www.lidl.co.uk/cps/rde/xchg/lidl_..._29015.htm

[Image: UK_35380_01_b.jpg]
25 February 2012, 11:17,
RE: Lidl again night vision £59.99
Now I just need to find £60 squids...
"Some say the end is near, some say we will see Armageddon soon...
I certainly hope we will, I sure could use a vacation from this silly shit."
25 February 2012, 11:21,
i expect its ok, but a bit too much for me to shell out for something i will only use after TSHTF.
Some people that prefer to be alone arent anti-social they just have no time for drama, stupidity and false people.
25 February 2012, 13:23,
(25 February 2012, 11:21)bigpaul Wrote: i expect its ok, but a bit too much for me to shell out for something i will only use after TSHTF.

we all know that any one of us would be out dicking about withn this the second we got it Tongue
25 February 2012, 19:07, (This post was last modified: 25 February 2012, 19:08 by Reality Jones.)
(25 February 2012, 13:23)Carnebwen Wrote:
(25 February 2012, 11:21)bigpaul Wrote: i expect its ok, but a bit too much for me to shell out for something i will only use after TSHTF.

we all know that any one of us would be out dicking about withn this the second we got it Tongue

Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin That is so true!
I might pick one up this week and give it a go
There's no Justice, There's Just Us.

26 February 2012, 07:21,
This sounds very interesting but we don't have a Lidl store here. Must find out if there is a store in Glasgow. Kenneth Eames.
26 February 2012, 10:35,
I think I'd rather let my eyes adjust to the night light. Do what pirates used to, wear an eye patch and let one eye adjust to the darkness! haha, I'm sure every customer I get visiting would be really happy with that haha,
Dissent is the highest form of Patriotism - Thomas Jefferson
Those who sacrifice freedom for security deserve neither - Benjamin Franklin
26 February 2012, 20:48,
(26 February 2012, 10:35)Scythe13 Wrote: I think I'd rather let my eyes adjust to the night light. Do what pirates used to, wear an eye patch and let one eye adjust to the darkness!

Not really an option in most cases. Night vision can see in total darkness.

Skean Dhude
-------------------------------
It is not the strongest of the species that survives, nor the most intelligent that survives. It is the one that is the most adaptable to change. - Charles Darwin
26 February 2012, 21:58,
(26 February 2012, 20:48)Skean Dhude Wrote:
(26 February 2012, 10:35)Scythe13 Wrote: I think I'd rather let my eyes adjust to the night light. Do what pirates used to, wear an eye patch and let one eye adjust to the darkness!

The thing is, not many 'bad guys' would be using night vision.

They stuff looks good, but I'd rather have a headset type thing. Otherwise it's just a one handed thing that would do my head in.
Dissent is the highest form of Patriotism - Thomas Jefferson
Those who sacrifice freedom for security deserve neither - Benjamin Franklin
27 February 2012, 07:56,
(26 February 2012, 21:58)Scythe13 Wrote:
(26 February 2012, 20:48)Skean Dhude Wrote:

Sometimes there is no light when out in the woods and most definitely you won't get the jump on a static patrol using nv, light or not, your eyes just won't be able to see far.

Skean add a good laser illuminator to the mix and even a cheap nv device will see in total darkness, in fact some camcorders would as well.

The thing is, not many 'bad guys' would be using night vision.

When you say bad guys do you mean average jo post shtf? That is reason enough to consider getting nv no?

They stuff looks good, but I'd rather have a headset type thing. Otherwise it's just a one handed thing that would do my head in.

My use for any type night vision would be static defence post shtf, I would not run around like Rambo wearing nv gear I will leave that for the clowns.

In a group only one person would be assigned as nv spotter, I do agree with your comment about sooner allowing our eyes to adjust to the dark, and I think it would do my head in as well, thats why I myself would not want that role.

But don't write off nv it is too useful to do so.

I will grab two and test them out, I don't expect to much from them as stand alone nv as they are cheap, but as said above would be interesting to see how they fair with a laser illuminator, going by the videos I have seen with a laser illuminator I just might be getting something that has good range for no money.