Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
What if the lights go out, (US article)
25 February 2012, 15:58,
RE: What if the lights go out, (US article)
I think to be able to manage without electricity you have to of had very little to begin with.
When I was a kid there wer no personal computers, no playstations etc.
You had to make your own entertainment which in my case was exploring the local woods on my bike etc.
For christmas I had one main present, maybe a new bike af I were lucky that type of thing.
Kids and adults alike are spoilt today with a wealth of technology, and I myself have a mobile and a p.c. Others have significantly more.
Now whilst I like my p.c. and spouting my nonsense online and I like my mobile, I dont need them and would be quite happy without them. You just have to go back to the old way of doing things.
BUT therein lies the rub, modern children and young adults havent got an old way to do things, they dont know what to do if the electric or the gas goes off. They cant manage without a mobile because without it they cant talk to people. Theres reports going on about bussinesses having to send people to classes to learn how to TALK in english not text speak. We my friends are the last of the pioneers who know how to do things and are self reliant, yes there are young people like us but they're getting fewer and fewer they cant function withouyt technology or power. What would they do without east enders. big brother etc.
"Some say the end is near, some say we will see Armageddon soon...
I certainly hope we will, I sure could use a vacation from this silly shit."

Messages In This Thread
RE: What if the lights go out, (US article) - by mikebratcher69 - 25 February 2012, 15:58
RE: What if the lights go out, (US article) - by uks - 26 February 2012, 07:31
RE: What if the lights go out, (US article) - by uks - 26 February 2012, 11:48