Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 4 Average
2 things i've found!
27 February 2012, 11:38,
2 things i've found!
first, Lidl's on Monday 5thMarch have packs of 50 Glow Sticks for £2.99, they are designed as bite indicators for Anglers, might be worth a look. number 2 on TV this evening on 5USA(freeview channel 31, SKY 174, Virgin 153) 9pm NCIS are searching for a Survivalist! lets see how many mistakes they make! or how they portray him as some nutter!
Some people that prefer to be alone arent anti-social they just have no time for drama, stupidity and false people.
27 February 2012, 11:44,
RE: 2 things i've found!
I don't think they are going to pack much power, but they have a use as markers and at that price worth getting a few hundred.

http://www.lidl.co.uk/cps/rde/xchg/lidl_..._29111.htm
27 February 2012, 12:54,
(27 February 2012, 11:44)WetandCold Wrote: I don't think they are going to pack much power, but they have a use as markers and at that price worth getting a few hundred.

didnt think they would be very bright, they're designed as bite indicators, but might be ok for giving a background light.
Some people that prefer to be alone arent anti-social they just have no time for drama, stupidity and false people.
27 February 2012, 13:16,
Possibly good for map reading at night.
"Some say the end is near, some say we will see Armageddon soon...
I certainly hope we will, I sure could use a vacation from this silly shit."
27 February 2012, 14:54,
You could get loads of them and throw them off the top of a skyscraper and pretend it's the attack of the glow-worms.

But I'm sure they could have quite a few uses really.
Dissent is the highest form of Patriotism - Thomas Jefferson
Those who sacrifice freedom for security deserve neither - Benjamin Franklin
27 February 2012, 16:59, (This post was last modified: 27 February 2012, 17:20 by uks.)
The glow sticks you are talking about usually fit on a float and are about 1-2 inches long sometimes smaller. It may give off a small amount of back ground light.
(27 February 2012, 16:59)uks Wrote: The glow sticks you are talking about usually fit on a float and are about 1-2 inches long sometimes smaller. It may give off a small amount of back ground light.

They are about 2 or 3 mm across, they are also known as night sticks, glow sticks or float lights.
Failure is NOT an option
27 February 2012, 22:26,
(27 February 2012, 12:54)bigpaul Wrote:
(27 February 2012, 11:44)WetandCold Wrote: I don't think they are going to pack much power, but they have a use as markers and at that price worth getting a few hundred.

didnt think they would be very bright, they're designed as bite indicators, but might be ok for giving a background light.

Tie them to end of lanyards will help find kit dropped in the dark.

I was thinking and will try see if this could be a cheap way to add a night light to my arrows.

28 February 2012, 00:01,
Did you see that short ex Military guy with extensive outdoorsman skillz that they were bigging up in the news a while ago? He killed a Forest ranger and ran off into the woods. They kept going on and out about his amaazing skills, in such a way as to pretty much say that if you have these skillz you are also a nutter or some PTSD ex army. he ran into the woods in jeans and a tshirt with no provisions in the snow. They found him dead like 2 days later oddly enough.

the message was though.. Survivalists are mad! They shoot people n stuff. the media also incorrectly named the guns he had in his "stock nutter facebook pic". Was amusing. Hopefully the NCIS gets it better than reasl life.
28 February 2012, 11:12,
watched NCIS last night, the guy wasnt what i call a survivalist, more of a bushcraft instructor!