Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average
At last, a real preppers forum
28 February 2012, 16:31,
RE: At last, a real preppers forum
hi steve
i personal think that only in a group/gang of like minded people could you stand a chance of long term survival?
you will soon realise that the skills that are needed and kit is too great for one man and his family?
but how do you start a group now when trust is a big problem i find that we can't express our veiws now incase the media twist things around.
i think that we will all become raiders not by choice but to survive
too much planning is put in the long term when everthing has died down but the time in the storm will test preppers plans but by then any mistakes will be too late
to win the war, you must be willing to die
28 February 2012, 16:43,
Over 35 years of survivalism and prepping has taught me one thing GOM is right about groups for long term survival,BUT no one has ever resolved the issue of who is in charge cos coops and communism only ever work in times of plenty when there is no pressure or risk.

When who ever works out who is going to be in charge AFTER TSHTF in a real world setting is onto a winner.

28 February 2012, 16:47,
I thing it would work if everyone had there own bit of land to do with what they want. But all club together for protection.
Failure is NOT an option
28 February 2012, 16:52,
This is why i dont think groups can work after TSHTF, if someone sets them self up as leader and people resent being told what to do, then there are going to be lots of arguements and the whole think falls apart. better to have family groups or even lone wolfs than get into that situation, maybe come together like the Amish do for harvest time and barn building things like that, but most of the time do your own thing.
Some people that prefer to be alone arent anti-social they just have no time for drama, stupidity and false people.
28 February 2012, 17:05,

I'd love to see an idea like this get off the ground, but it's not for me. I'm afraid I don't play well with others anymore.
Oh and Helloo!

Sailing away, not close to the wind.Heart
28 February 2012, 19:06,
hello from norfolk
just read alas Babylon ,so im going to get more salt!!!!
1 March 2012, 09:37,
(28 February 2012, 11:06)bigpaul Wrote: yep, it was me!that told you to come here, after you got shot down by UKPTongue welcome to the site, enjoy your stay.

Thanks Mate, I appreciate it. Some really good points made by the people on this site. I welcome constructive criticism and feedback, but peeps on here seem very positive and supportive too.

I will enjoy sharing ideas.

One to share, I placed an order with rosspa.co.uk last week. it is coming today. I have nearly 1 tonne of food coming and it cost me £717. I am going to order a similar amount today. I do like the idea of renting a remote farmhouse as suggested above, because I have a mountain of supplies now and it will only get bigger.

I just bought some camping stoves form ebay at £19 delivered, with 8 cans of gas. Having tried one, I intend to get about 100 of these.

In terms of skill sets for a small commune, bushcraft, butchery, fighting, stealth, solar power ( I am pretty good at this, but need more help)

I am also stocking up on ladies sanitary products, antibiotics, pain killers, tooth brushes, tooth paste, soap, disinfectant etc. Many such things will be valuable currency.

I am open to any ideas for forming groups. And whilst I take on board the comment about survivalists personalities, I still believe that there is strength in numbers. The hierarchy things does bother me though.

Respect to all
Steve
1 March 2012, 09:41, (This post was last modified: 1 March 2012, 09:56 by NorthernRaider.)
Stevie, if you are going to bulk buy grub ( nice move BTW) try and ensure it all does not expire at the same time. Nowt worse than finding out all your grub is past its sell by date at the same time. Sometimes is better to keep buying smaller batchs fron multiple suppliers over say 6 months. that way your not risking all your grub at once.
BTW Be careful with those gas canisters if they are the long skinny ones that sit in a compartment on the side of the cookers, they leak sometimes. I had a nasty scare last year when one started leaking in my van as I was driving along.
I've also stocked up on domestic consumables from cleaning materials, T towels, Bath Towels, Dish Cloths, scourers, bleach, washing up liquid, soap bars, soap liquid, fabric conditioner, surface cleaner, anti septic liquids etc etc

1 March 2012, 09:58,
(1 March 2012, 09:41)NorthernRaider Wrote: Stevie, if you are going to bulk buy grub ( nice move BTW) try and ensure it all does not expire at the same time. Nowt worse than finding out all your grub is past its sell by date at the same time. Sometimes is better to keep buying smaller batchs fron multiple suppliers over say 6 months. that way your not risking all your grub at once.
BTW Be careful with those gas canisters if they are the long skinny ones that sit in a compartment on the side of the cookers, they leak sometimes. I had a nasty scare last year when one started leaking in my van as I was driving along.

They are exactly those gas canisters, so I will keep an eye on them as I have another 88 of them coming.

In terms of buying, I get your point, bu the bulk I buy in is every week. I am looking to build a store of 30 tonnes of food alone. Enough for a small commune to hold out for a long time. I also have 1000's packets of seed, yeast, herbs & spices and baking ingredients will long shelf lifes.
1 March 2012, 10:00,
Dont forget clothing, think about cooking for larger numbers big dutch oven.
Failure is NOT an option