Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Arrows Post SHTF
2 March 2012, 16:15,
Arrows Post SHTF
Okay everyone, this will be a nice one.

We all know bullets and guns are not really an everyday option for 95% of preppers.

I'm curious about how much people believe archery, crossbows, and arrows will play in regards to general post SHTF life.

I know I'll be stocking up on arrows and broadhead tips. But what does everyone else think?

I believe rabbits will be fair game for an archer. But I also believe that bows and arrows will play a large part in personal protection post SHTF.

If anyone else has a similar view, how do you see the use of arrows and the alike? Are you stocking any up, or are you just going to be reusing a set number of arrows?

I'm curious about this, because I'm hoping to be starting archery again soon.
Dissent is the highest form of Patriotism - Thomas Jefferson
Those who sacrifice freedom for security deserve neither - Benjamin Franklin
2 March 2012, 16:21,
RE: Arrows Post SHTF
(2 March 2012, 16:15)Scythe13 Wrote: Okay everyone, this will be a nice one.

We all know bullets and guns are not really an everyday option for 95% of preppers.

I'm curious about how much people believe archery, crossbows, and arrows will play in regards to general post SHTF life.

I know I'll be stocking up on arrows and broadhead tips. But what does everyone else think?

I believe rabbits will be fair game for an archer. But I also believe that bows and arrows will play a large part in personal protection post SHTF.

If anyone else has a similar view, how do you see the use of arrows and the alike? Are you stocking any up, or are you just going to be reusing a set number of arrows?

I'm curious about this, because I'm hoping to be starting archery again soon.
yes, a bow and arrows is part of my preps, i have these already but will be stocking up on arrows as and when i see them at a good price, i've just got some broadheads but these are fairly expensive so i wont be fitting them to ALL my arrows just to half a dozen for special use, i.e. hunting AFTER TSHTF!
Some people that prefer to be alone arent anti-social they just have no time for drama, stupidity and false people.
2 March 2012, 17:01,
I'm slowly stocking up on assorted arrows and bolts, I can buy componants as well from my local archery shop and prolly of E bay as well.
I tried making one home made dowling crossbow bolt but it shattered as soon as I fired it.

I've about 40 arrows for the Recurve take down bow
prolly about 60 pistol bow bolts and 20 16 inch crossbow bolts so far.

2 March 2012, 17:21,
How important does everyone see arrows as being after TSHTF
Dissent is the highest form of Patriotism - Thomas Jefferson
Those who sacrifice freedom for security deserve neither - Benjamin Franklin
2 March 2012, 17:40,
(2 March 2012, 17:21)Scythe13 Wrote: How important does everyone see arrows as being after TSHTF

i think bows and arrows will play a very large part after TSHTF along with air rifles, traps and snares. there will be times when you want to remain silent and a bow and arrow will allow you to do this.
Some people that prefer to be alone arent anti-social they just have no time for drama, stupidity and false people.
2 March 2012, 18:12, (This post was last modified: 2 March 2012, 18:14 by NorthernRaider.)
(2 March 2012, 17:21)Scythe13 Wrote: How important does everyone see arrows as being after TSHTF

Very, as fire arms and ammo are already hard enough to access, Note that in George Stewarts PA novel EARTH ABIDES that even in American society in time it is believed that eventually archery and similar skills will supercede guns because of the technology and energy requires to make, sustain and feed them. In that classic novel rolls of dimes and 1/4 dollars became precious because they could be beaten into Arrow Heads.

I figure a roll of polyester yarn or whatever modern bow strings are made of will become as valuable as gold, as will alloy tubing.
In the New world the skills of the archer and bowyer will make them as rich and influential as hell.