Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Looking for a solar charger.
10 March 2012, 14:06,
Looking for a solar charger.

Okey dokey, I'm looking for a Solar charger that will charge small stuff, phone, Kindle, batteries for torches and the like. I have (very) limited funds. £20 max is there something decent in that price bracket or am I in Lala land? Ta everso.

Sailing away, not close to the wind.Heart
10 March 2012, 14:11,
RE: Looking for a solar charger.
Aparently you can wire together solar light cells, you know the ones from the pound shops and they work for that, its something I,ve been meaning to do for a while myself but havent got round to it yet...
theres info available on the web about it.
"Some say the end is near, some say we will see Armageddon soon...
I certainly hope we will, I sure could use a vacation from this silly shit."
10 March 2012, 14:23,
(10 March 2012, 14:06)TOF Wrote: Okey dokey, I'm looking for a Solar charger that will charge small stuff, phone, Kindle, batteries for torches and the like. I have (very) limited funds. £20 max is there something decent in that price bracket or am I in Lala land? Ta everso.

E bay, Amazon and Maplins all have useful items, I bought a small solar charger for AAA and AA batterys for about £14 of Amazon

10 March 2012, 16:43,
I admit it I'm a cheap skate... If I can make it for free or cheap thats me... I do actualy derive much pleasure from building my own stuff or recycling stuff to make other stuff or fixing my own car instead of paying rip off garages, I must have saved thousands doing that. Yes sometimes the homemade stuff may set on fire.....TongueTongue
"Some say the end is near, some say we will see Armageddon soon...
I certainly hope we will, I sure could use a vacation from this silly shit."
10 March 2012, 16:59,
I'm not good at DIY, so although I understand the pinciple, making is beyond me.
NR do you recommend the one you have, and if so, what brand is it?

10 March 2012, 17:46,
Mines a little cheapo UNIROSS solar battery charger its very basic, I dont think its still for sale, but this link may help you
http://www.amazon.co.uk/s/ref=nb_sb_noss...&x=20&y=18

11 March 2012, 10:54,
Thanks NR, l was hoping someone had a rave review of one. LOL Anyway, I'll do more research, can't afford to waste money.

12 March 2012, 10:18,
I'm also looking for one TOF, just to recharge the batteries for lights and radio. If I find a decent one I'll let you know, please let us know here if you find one you like Smile
Do not rush to meet Death, he may not wish to see you.
12 March 2012, 10:26,
(12 March 2012, 10:18)preservefreak Wrote: I'm also looking for one TOF, just to recharge the batteries for lights and radio. If I find a decent one I'll let you know, please let us know here if you find one you like Smile

Will do!

12 March 2012, 12:47,
TOF, have you bought anything yet?

I have 2 brilliant little chargers. I bought a FreeLoader Nano for £14.99 and then got a gel case for it, which cost an additional £2.49.

Took it on a camping trip then went out and got another one. It's only small, but it has a USB port meaning any item that can be charged from a USB plug can be charged.

I used mine for charging my iphone and blackberry. You can get a small piece of kit that you can attach to the FreeLoader chargers that will charge AA and AAA batteries.
Dissent is the highest form of Patriotism - Thomas Jefferson
Those who sacrifice freedom for security deserve neither - Benjamin Franklin