Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Sleeping System for my BOB
12 March 2012, 11:45,
RE: Sleeping System for my BOB
(12 March 2012, 11:13)g79 Wrote: Personally I'd bin the two liners and use the extra weight to get a warmer dossbag.Don't put the kip mat inside the bivibag unless you sleep flat and don't move at night.

I get what you're saying, but I'm trying to keep the sleeping bag as clean as possible and in as good a condition too. To do that, being able to change the inner liner is important. Also, having the liners allows the system to be used year round. In the winter, I'll be nice and comfortable. In the summer, I won't be sweltering under an arctic sleeper. If we lived in a colder climate, I would definitely be scrapping the thermal liner and just getting an arctic bag. But since summers are pretty good weather, I'll keep the liners, if that makes sense?

As for the mat, the reason for keeping it in the bivi is to keep it protected from the elements. Because it's an ultra light item, they are not super robust. Also, because it's bright red, it would be really visible.

(12 March 2012, 10:05)NorthernRaider Wrote: On this subject I think you need to learn from your expeiences in the field what will work for you, what wont and whats not worth packing.

Yeah mate, I think that'll end up being the easiest thing.

I'll write up about it on my next camping trip with Binary Ninja and AlyBear.
Dissent is the highest form of Patriotism - Thomas Jefferson
Those who sacrifice freedom for security deserve neither - Benjamin Franklin

Messages In This Thread
Sleeping System for my BOB - by Scythe13 - 12 March 2012, 01:10
RE: Sleeping System for my BOB - by preservefreak - 12 March 2012, 10:23
RE: Sleeping System for my BOB - by g79 - 12 March 2012, 11:13
RE: Sleeping System for my BOB - by Scythe13 - 12 March 2012, 11:45
RE: Sleeping System for my BOB - by uks - 13 March 2012, 07:33