Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Caffeine Junkies??
13 March 2012, 09:33,
Caffeine Junkies??
we have been watching the Breakfast news this morning, there was a piece on it about these people that NEED their hit or hits of VERY strong coffee every day, we were thinking that after TSHTF these people will be just as much ADDICTS without their daily fix as any drug addict? if they havent or cant get their daily fix of what one doctor referred to as a STIMULANT then maybe we should try to avoid such people post event?
Some people that prefer to be alone arent anti-social they just have no time for drama, stupidity and false people.
13 March 2012, 09:43,
RE: Caffeine Junkies??
I've just seen this too. Problem is, like any addiction, you can't really tell who is an addict until their drug of choice is out of their system and unavailable. I worked with a Herion addict for two years and had no idea. She functioned just as well as everyone else.

Sailing away, not close to the wind.Heart
13 March 2012, 10:03,
(13 March 2012, 09:43)TOF Wrote: I've just seen this too. Problem is, like any addiction, you can't really tell who is an addict until their drug of choice is out of their system and unavailable. I worked with a Herion addict for two years and had no idea. She functioned just as well as everyone else.
yes, but i meant after TSHTF when they CANT get their drug of choice?
Some people that prefer to be alone arent anti-social they just have no time for drama, stupidity and false people.
13 March 2012, 10:14,
Oops! misread it.
I'm not going to worry about a particular group. I intend to treat everyone the same... none of them are welcome and will be avoided and deterred whenever possible and I fully expect to be treated the same.

Sailing away, not close to the wind.Heart
13 March 2012, 10:16,
(13 March 2012, 10:14)TOF Wrote: Oops! misread it.
I'm not going to worry about a particular group. I intend to treat everyone the same... none of them are welcome and will be avoided and deterred whenever possible and I fully expect to be treated the same.

yes, i will avoid everyone , especially immediately post SHTF.
13 March 2012, 12:52,
Coffee will be a good barter item.
13 March 2012, 13:20,
I'm getting ready to jack up on stimulants (pro plus, for example) when I need to bug out.

The coffee thing isn't a huge issue. People just get grumpy and their hands a little shaky. You get it in the office most days haha. I have a crate of Rockstar energy drinks by my desk, so it's all good. They wouldn't become savage violent creatures, the same way a smack addict would. The trick is to just give them space.

I gave Dom a cup of a new stimulant drink, it's made to be almost flavourless. He calmed down massively. It was the last drops of what was left in my OJ cordial and nothing more. Fun with placebos.
Dissent is the highest form of Patriotism - Thomas Jefferson
Those who sacrifice freedom for security deserve neither - Benjamin Franklin
13 March 2012, 14:11,
Caffeine withdrawal usually only lasts a couple of days max too. I'm guessing that any sudden event that made purchase or making of coffee impossible would induce a large enough dose of anxiety hormones to cancel out any grumpiness due to not having a large Starbucks Mochaccino!
13 March 2012, 14:40,
when we lived in Somerset we knew someone who drank nothing but these sorts of coffee's, and she was hyper! didnt eat, didnt sleep and couldn't keep still for one minute!
13 March 2012, 15:15,
(13 March 2012, 14:40)bigpaul Wrote: when we lived in Somerset we knew someone who drank nothing but these sorts of coffee's, and she was hyper! didnt eat, didnt sleep and couldn't keep still for one minute!

Did that she become a man, lose her memory, then start posting on here under the name Scythe13? Haha

I went 1.5 months on pretty much nothing but energy drinks! It was awesome and totally idiotic too. My gym efforts and fitness jumped :-D then dropped heavily from week 2 onwards :-(
It's not a recommended course of action.

Word of warning, when you end up pooping.....you'll wish you ate solid food.
Dissent is the highest form of Patriotism - Thomas Jefferson
Those who sacrifice freedom for security deserve neither - Benjamin Franklin