Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Hello from Yorkshirelass
16 March 2012, 12:30,
RE: Hello from Yorkshirelass
(15 March 2012, 20:09)Prep Girl Wrote:
(15 March 2012, 19:24)bigpaul Wrote:
(15 March 2012, 18:38)Prep Girl Wrote: Hello and welcome from another lone female, sadly I'm not in such a good location as you are, if I were I would be applying for a shotgun licence,but it would draw to much attention to me, someone applying for a shotgun on my estate? my house would be the first the police or army would come knocking shtf, if you can afford it do it! us Women will have to be on the ball and ahead of the game, it's all about a good hiding place not at home, some where close enough that you can get to in a hurry but far enough away from the house so you can see what's going on without being seen and weapons to defend yourself.
As for ( who ever said don't recall) people not heading out to the country side looking for food I don't agree, it's in the local papers and msm almost every week, cows being slaughtered, skinned and boned out where there stand in the fields, pigs even swans being killed for food, allotments are being raided, if I was hungry the first thing I'd think of was all them farmers in the country side growing crops and keeping animals, plus anyone with half a brain would want to get as far away from the cities as they could.
Also a good use for bungees, is if you can secure fixtures? to attach the bungee to behind your front/back door, when kicked in it gives added protection, only a minute or to before they realise why the door won't go down but a minute or two could safe your life.
I guess that would be me PG(about people not heading out into the country)Big Grin i think the places where you mentioned animals being killed, are probably near a big city that has a large immigrant population probably east european. most British(white) people dont have anything to do with the countryside-after all they might get their shoes dirty! and anyway most Brits under 40 dont know where their food comes from anyway(Duh! the supermarket?) and is far to concerned about their foreign holiday to ever go near a farm. in a major event most city people are going to sit still and wail! and wait for the govt to come and save them(that what its there for-right?)Big Grin

I'm afraid it's the immigrant population I'm more worried about, some of these people are no better then Animals, they think nothing of raping young girls maiming their Children so they get more money out begging, driving round schools last year trying to pull kids in to vans, we all know where them kids were heading, the list is endless! fooking Animals! god help any one that crosses their path shtf, raped, beaten then eaten! they will sooner or later need to go food hunting further afield, and some of them are gona have big Guns and military training! no morals, no ethics, I need to move house lol, but no matter where you live I think it will only be a matter of time before some one comes calling.
i think the August riots shows us what to expect, people will be burnt out of their homes with just the clothes on their backs, and they will expect the govt to look after them(immediately), then you've got the ones actually doing the burning and looting, they will have a fine old time for a while, then when there is nothing left to burn or loot they will start picking on each other, hopefully that will see A LOT of them killed off!

Some people that prefer to be alone arent anti-social they just have no time for drama, stupidity and false people.
16 March 2012, 14:00,
(15 March 2012, 16:21)Scythe13 Wrote: Hi Yorkshirelass.

Welcome to the site/forum. Good to hear about your situation. Want to swap? haha

In fairness, if I were in your situation, I'd start digging up my garden and placing caches. Also, if finances permitted, I'd build an underground bomb shelter. Probably built from a steel carrier box crate thing. But I'm probably more extreme than most haha.

The caches would be a good idea though. It means you know you always have supplies if you leave and come back. Also, it's hidden, so people don't know you have stuff available. Cache is another word for hidden storage haha.

Hi thanks Im in the process of burying a few emergency supplies but realistically cant manage to hide large amounts of food in one cache.

16 March 2012, 15:57,
(16 March 2012, 12:06)NorthernRaider Wrote:
(16 March 2012, 11:01)Yorkshirelass Wrote:
(16 March 2012, 10:30)Yorkshirelass Wrote:
(16 March 2012, 09:35)NorthernRaider Wrote:
(15 March 2012, 23:59)Timelord Wrote: Ay Up Lass, Ows, thi fettlin? Av ye got saddlebags fer yon oss? I liken t' notion onnit. Tis fair clever tis, aye... Seriously, welcome from another tyke :-)

She is prolly from Harrowgate, Ripon or Pately where they think they are posh Smile

Just cos I live in't country dont make me posh!
Ive tried to attach a photo showing the pony saddlebags I have in mind

They must be at least 60 litres each thats excellent, Question will you have to transport fuel for the horseys or do they forage?
maybe now NR, you dont think my idea of using donkeys is so naff!!Big Grin
Some people that prefer to be alone arent anti-social they just have no time for drama, stupidity and false people.
16 March 2012, 16:20,
NR,

It looks all itemised to me. What is in each place. What don't you understand? Is it the contents for each that confuses you?
Skean Dhude
-------------------------------
It is not the strongest of the species that survives, nor the most intelligent that survives. It is the one that is the most adaptable to change. - Charles Darwin
18 March 2012, 09:10,

Maybe give them a couple of tins?

[/quote]

Do this and they will not stop coming back until you have none, then you and they will die. You must think of yourself if you want to survive. You cannot feed the world, you will struggle to feed yourself.
18 March 2012, 09:17,
Ey up, sorry for the delay, been working on a drunken stuper for the past day or two! Welcome from not too far away. Surely you must be able to modify bicycle panniers for the ponies? My guess is in the middle of wetherby and tadcaster, near walton. Eny way, Ey up.
You have to get up early to catch a fox.
19 March 2012, 08:51,
Hi from down south,
If your worried about security why not get a big dog? An English mastiff easily grow to 90+kgs! They have a sweet disposition (to there owner) but the sight of one (or a pair) will at the very least make anybody think twice about coming too close. Obviously they eat a bit so that'll have to be taken into consideration. Other than that alpacas are good guards for livestock. A pair of neutered males will keep out ANYTHING. Geese & guinea fowl are also great for raising the alarm. That obviously has the knock on effect of advertising their presence but at least you'll know when trouble is coming. Hope that gives you a little to think about.
31 March 2012, 15:11,
Welcome lass from Scotland. Much good advice here study it carefully. I am sure you will manage to make your own panniers and if you have some old blankets to put across the ponies backs to ease the burden. A frame could be made from thin branches. Think through what you can do yourself. You can add wild food to your diet to eke out your rations in a survival situation. Dandelion, Wild Garlic, Burdock root, etc. You could Pickle some of these and preserve or dehydrate food from the garden. Much information here, work on it. Kenneth Eames.
31 March 2012, 15:14,
(31 March 2012, 15:11)Kenneth Eames Wrote: Welcome lass from Scotland. Much good advice here study it carefully. I am sure you will manage to make your own panniers and if you have some old blankets to put across the ponies backs to ease the burden. A frame could be made from thin branches. Think through what you can do yourself. You can add wild food to your diet to eke out your rations in a survival situation. Dandelion, Wild Garlic, Burdock root, etc. You could Pickle some of these and preserve or dehydrate food from the garden. Much information here, work on it. Kenneth Eames.

Where've you been Ken? She's already left with a thread called "Reality Check". Seems her OH convinced her we're all mad.
Dissent is the highest form of Patriotism - Thomas Jefferson
Those who sacrifice freedom for security deserve neither - Benjamin Franklin
3 April 2012, 09:42,
Don't you think he's right then? I think most people I talk to about prepping think that I'm a Nutter First Class. Kenneth Eames.