Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 3 Average
"Dieseling" you Air Rifle
15 March 2012, 16:42, (This post was last modified: 15 March 2012, 16:43 by 00111001.)
"Dieseling" you Air Rifle
Anyone tried this?

I stumbled on it on YouTube. Increases the velocity of the pellet coming out of the barrel, without cranking up the power of the air rifle over the legal limit.

No doubt that there's some retarded law against this, I've not found anything that says this is illegal. I'll take it as verboten until I know for sure.

Oh, and I'm not sure it's a good idea to try if you have a PCP - probably best with a springer.
Oh, I should probably add that if you do try this, and you take out one of your eyes, well, that's your fault. I've only got 2, so you're not getting one of mine cause you didn't look after your properly.

Be safe kids
15 March 2012, 17:14,
RE: "Dieseling" you Air Rifle
No do not do this it often completely wrecks the gun at the first attempt, your creating an explosion greatly over the pressures the air rifle was designed to do. I've seen both a Webley Vulcan and a BSA Airsporter reduced to rubbish when they were deliberately loaded with light oil in order to make them diesel.

15 March 2012, 17:58,
Even if it doesn't blow up on the first attempt it will greatly reduce the number of shots you make with that rifle before it blows a seal or something.

The benefit is a higher velocity that you may want a ferw times out of a hundred. yet at great cost to your rifle.
Skean Dhude
-------------------------------
It is not the strongest of the species that survives, nor the most intelligent that survives. It is the one that is the most adaptable to change. - Charles Darwin
15 March 2012, 22:21,
I think it's one of those 'last resort' ideas, if someone is attacking you and you have no other choice. It's not something I'll be doing. Really, when you can buy a crossbow, a stronger air-rifle, a good archery bow, or something like that, there's no point.
Dissent is the highest form of Patriotism - Thomas Jefferson
Those who sacrifice freedom for security deserve neither - Benjamin Franklin
15 March 2012, 22:25,
no no no gun knackered up accruacy out the window and if your gun is tested by tptb and it is over the 12ft lb legal limit then your done for having a firearm .

b/d
15 March 2012, 22:45,
I used to do it all the time when I was younger... tried alsorts in it butane, lighter petrol, oil... the list was endless some startling results but that was then and this is now and the health and safety frown on any sort of fun nowadays... It was a freer world then less restrictions... definatly not reliable consistant results though, ahhhh the good old days...
"Some say the end is near, some say we will see Armageddon soon...
I certainly hope we will, I sure could use a vacation from this silly shit."