Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Other Tools not often considered..
17 March 2012, 21:38,
Other Tools not often considered..
1) Solid fixed handled quality entrenching tool. Good for camp & combat (no, not camp combat!)

2) Large butchers cleaver with may be a foot & half handle.
The blade will have a quality hardened edge with a softer back/main body for durability.Other edges/shapes could be ground into the top & back for utility use. A tang that extends through the wood handle can protrude out the back for prybar use - as configured in some famous military knife designs. It would basically be as an axe or more like a tree cutting or hedging bill but a deeper blade. The front edge could be given a dull chisel point to used as an expedient spade. These cleavers are dirt cheap on car bootys or 2nd hand tool markets etc. The end result should be pretty indestructable and have a variety of roles. Should be able to fell a tree or dig a trench or pry a lock or hack through just about anything.Big Grin
17 March 2012, 21:54,
RE: Other Tools not often considered..
If you want a quality SHARP knife, I can recomend going to a slaughter house supplier.
You can buy dedicated combat/slaughtering knives, made by victorinox and hold a VERY VERY VERY sharp edge.
RAZOR SHARP EDGE not for the faint hearted. They have a moulded plastic fibrox handle that wont fall off and is non slip.
They can stand being boiled in water. BUT if you do by one treat it like a broadhead they are lethal in the wrong/stupid hands...
If you think your normal knife that slips gives a nasty deep cut, these beauties will cut to the bone and beyond...
SLAUGHTERING knives NOT chefs knives is what you want.
http://www.knives.co.uk/acatalog/Victorinox.html
"Some say the end is near, some say we will see Armageddon soon...
I certainly hope we will, I sure could use a vacation from this silly shit."