Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Advice needed on airguns
18 March 2012, 11:21,
Advice needed on airguns
Before I start, I know that an Uzi is better than an Airgun, but an Airgun, or guns, is all I can get. With this specifically in mind, and not wanting to go off topic, I need help.

I don't know anything about air guns.

My plan is to have 20 or more at the ready. Can I get fast action rifles ? I mean, don't need to cock and load.

I need to know what is the most powerful one I can buy legally.

All help and advice is received with gratitude and thanks

Steve
18 March 2012, 11:31,
RE: Advice needed on airguns
the legal limit for an air rifle is 12ft/Lb for an air pistol its 6ft/LB, anything over that you need a FAC.
Some people that prefer to be alone arent anti-social they just have no time for drama, stupidity and false people.
18 March 2012, 11:50,
BP is spot on. I've heard of people getting a 'Rat Catcher' air rifle, then cutting it down to make a 9ft/lb pistol. But it is only 1 shot-cock-reload. Not recommending that for legal reasons, but if you look at the shape of the 'Rat Catcher' it's easy to modify.
Dissent is the highest form of Patriotism - Thomas Jefferson
Those who sacrifice freedom for security deserve neither - Benjamin Franklin
18 March 2012, 12:00,
Look at the Logun Mk 2 or the Theoben rapid, or my favourite the BSA Tactical Ultra with ten shot magazine http://www.bsaguns.co.uk/airgun_ultra_multishot.php

18 March 2012, 12:01,
(18 March 2012, 12:00)NorthernRaider Wrote: Look at the Logun Mk 2 or the Theoben rapid, or my favourite the BSA Tactical Ultra with ten shot magazine http://www.bsaguns.co.uk/airgun_ultra_multishot.php

This is exactly what I am looking for. Thanks NR
18 March 2012, 12:03,
I think there all much of a muchness.
Some are better quality than others but cheaper means you can buy 2 and have either a duplicate for spares or another working gun.
AND it all depends o how much you have to spend.
Some like me are restricted by budget constraints others are not.
The best advice would be to have the best quality you can afford, but make sure spares are available and that you have a stock of spares.
It would be better to have only a few air weapons with spares than lots but no spares so even if a small part breaks they're useles.
"Some say the end is near, some say we will see Armageddon soon...
I certainly hope we will, I sure could use a vacation from this silly shit."
18 March 2012, 12:05,
(18 March 2012, 12:00)NorthernRaider Wrote: Look at the Logun Mk 2 or the Theoben rapid, or my favourite the BSA Tactical Ultra with ten shot magazine http://www.bsaguns.co.uk/airgun_ultra_multishot.php

.22 or .177 ?
18 March 2012, 12:19,
.22 has stopping power I.E. more impact at the hit, whilst .177 flies further and flatter trajectory, so if you can get close to the game, .22 which expends it energy more on impact, or if yur not so good at stalking and you'll be a bit further away .177
though some airweapons you can buy interchangeable barrels for so yo can try them both out and see which suits you better.
Or if the air weapon you want doesnt do the interchangeable barrels and you have spare cash, buy two cheapies in .22 and .177 and try them both out the buy your chosen weapon in the calibre that suits you best, as with all weapons at the end of the day the calibre controvisy rages on.
I used .177 for years then changed to .22 and for me because I've shot both I can see the relative merits of both, so If I personally had loads of dosh, I'd go for a weapons system that allowed me the luxury of interchangable calibres or at least a spare barrel in a different calibre.
"Some say the end is near, some say we will see Armageddon soon...
I certainly hope we will, I sure could use a vacation from this silly shit."
18 March 2012, 12:21, (This post was last modified: 18 March 2012, 12:51 by NorthernRaider.)
(18 March 2012, 12:05)Weyoun Wrote:

.22 or .177 ?

Some of your prey may be two legged after TSHTF so .22, please PM me before you buy anything.
Not wanting to hijack our Deep space nine clones thread, but just a bit of food for thought.

Shortest Legal air rifle 34 inches long ammo weight 0.7 gram (£550 inc pump)
(BSA Tactical Multi shot)

Cobra Pistol X bow 18 inches long ammo weight 8 grams (£30 ish)

Taipan Carbine X bow 24 inches long ammo weight 8 grams (£70 ish)

Petron Sniper x Bow 32 inches long ammo weight 25 grams (£120 ish)
(18 March 2012, 12:21)NorthernRaider Wrote:
(18 March 2012, 12:05)Weyoun Wrote:

.22 or .177 ?

Some of your prey may be two legged after TSHTF so .22, please PM me before you buy anything.
Not wanting to hijack our Deep space nine clones thread, but just a bit of food for thought.

Shortest Legal air rifle 34 inches long ammo weight 0.7 gram 12 ft lb(£550 inc pump)
(BSA Tactical Multi shot)

Cobra Pistol X bow 18 inches long ammo weight 8 grams (£30 ish) 80ft lb

Taipan Carbine X bow 24 inches long ammo weight 8 grams (£70 ish) 80 ft lb

Petron Sniper x Bow 32 inches long ammo weight 25 grams (£120 ish)
40, 95 and 150 ft lb available

Soz forget the poundage of original post.

18 March 2012, 13:07,
on the subject of pellets i use Defiant pellets.22, you can get them in small, medium or large size, buy a TRIAL pack of all 3 and see which suits your gun best( mine all use the large size) its quite surprising what a difference this makes. if you can join a local gun club, they will help you with zeroing your scope, any repairs, and you can use their range to "get your eye in", they'll also help you with any legal problems.
Some people that prefer to be alone arent anti-social they just have no time for drama, stupidity and false people.