Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 4 Average
D-Day, when with the SHTF ?
19 March 2012, 13:07,
RE: D-Day, when with the SHTF ?
I tend to agree with the chav's longevity after everything happens. There are loads of places all over the country that the police don't go into after dark. It's not because of the wildlife, it's the organisation and team work of the gangs that live in those areas.

People can survive 40 days without food. Many Christians do the same fasting as Jesus, and they come out just fine. Which makes me think the whole 28 days without food scenario is bollocks. I know 2 people that have done the 40 days fasting, and they seemed just fine afterwards. After day 2 they weren't even complaining because they said they didn't feel hungry. Which makes me think the general population will take around 3 months, minimum, until they are dying of hunger. Don't forget cannibalism which will get people living longer. As a general rule, expect people to be removed from the status quo within 6 months. That'll be when it's "safe" to return back to cities (or have your first ever trip to a city, if your name is BP haha).

But that's not what this thread is about. This thread is asking about when we expect the poop to drop and hit that big ol' fan.

Well, considering China expect a war in the Middle-East this summer, and by the looks of it, everyone else does as well, I think an oil crisis could be as close as Christmas. Depending on the severity of the Middle East, it could even be sooner.

In regards to a total collapse of society, it will be when fuel costs £5 a litre. By then a tin of beans will cost something like £3.00 and a loaf of bread will be £6.00 or there abouts. These things will be when taxes increase to pay for everyone on the dole, and those in jobs will not be able to afford it, then there will be hyperinflation because the government will scrap quantitive easing and opt for a more aggressive system....print the money and let the presses push out as much cash as possible. Then inflation will be something rediculous like 20% a day, like in Zimbabwe or anywhere else that's had hyperinflation. When that happens, it's only a matter of days...weeks. To be fair, 2 months of hyperinflation would be far beyond my expectations.

I'm expecting something of a reasonable size to shake up society by the end of the year. Probably middle east/oil centred. Financial issues by about 2015, if nothing has happened sooner than that.
Dissent is the highest form of Patriotism - Thomas Jefferson
Those who sacrifice freedom for security deserve neither - Benjamin Franklin

Messages In This Thread
D-Day, when with the SHTF ? - by Weyoun - 19 March 2012, 06:18
RE: D-Day, when with the SHTF ? - by Scythe13 - 19 March 2012, 13:07
RE: D-Day, when with the SHTF ? - by bigpaul - 19 March 2012, 13:41
RE: D-Day, when with the SHTF ? - by Timelord - 20 March 2012, 01:17
RE: D-Day, when with the SHTF ? - by Scythe13 - 20 March 2012, 09:47
RE: D-Day, when with the SHTF ? - by bigpaul - 20 March 2012, 09:59