Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Info for your planning constraints on fuel caching.
31 March 2012, 09:08,
Info for your planning constraints on fuel caching.
The UK’s fuel delivery system dispenses about 90 million litres of fuel a day at the forecourts. But the nation’s fuel tanks have 20 times that capacity. So if everyone fills up at the same time – even to half full – the system risks collapsing.

So even a rumour of a distant strike can cripple the UKs road system in 24 hours, plan accordingly

31 March 2012, 11:03,
RE: Info for your planning constraints on fuel caching.
(31 March 2012, 09:08)NorthernRaider Wrote: The UK’s fuel delivery system dispenses about 90 million litres of fuel a day at the forecourts. But the nation’s fuel tanks have 20 times that capacity. So if everyone fills up at the same time – even to half full – the system risks collapsing.

So even a rumour of a distant strike can cripple the UKs road system in 24 hours, plan accordingly

How much to store @ home ?, I read 30ltrs is the max you can store @ home 30tlrs wont get you very far. Is it worth it then ?
31 March 2012, 11:27,
(31 March 2012, 11:03)ukphil Wrote: How much to store @ home ?, I read 30ltrs is the max you can store @ home 30tlrs wont get you very far. Is it worth it then ?

I'll mix that into an old prepper saying: "It's better to have 30 litres and not need it, than to need 30 litres and not have it......chicka chicka one time." Okay, I may have remixed it....one time....haha.

If you have 30 litres, you have 30 litres more capabilities than if you don't have it.

I'm thinking......sell it for profit if you have to.
Dissent is the highest form of Patriotism - Thomas Jefferson
Those who sacrifice freedom for security deserve neither - Benjamin Franklin
31 March 2012, 11:40,
To be specific I believe the rules say 30 litres in suitable fuel containers IN YOUR HOME, doesnt say anything about in safe secure jerry cans in well ventilated store at the bottom of your garden.

31 March 2012, 18:00,
(31 March 2012, 11:40)NorthernRaider Wrote: To be specific I believe the rules say 30 litres in suitable fuel containers IN YOUR HOME, doesnt say anything about in safe secure jerry cans in well ventilated store at the bottom of your garden.

I store petrol outside in 20 litre jerry cans and also store methylated spirits the same way, remember old petrol has a use it might not run an engine how about get some back up petrol cookers, there will be a lot of cars sitting around after a major shtf event free fuel for cooking if nothing else.

Here is one of my petrol stoves one of the larger ones I own, its military Swiss army.

1 April 2012, 09:18,
i normally stock 30-35 litres of unleaded(not at the moment-havent been able to restock due to being ill for 12 days) which gives me enough for 1 top up from half empty. i normally fill up the tank on the Berlingo when it gets to half empty-so as not to stir up any crud in the bottom of the tank.
Some people that prefer to be alone arent anti-social they just have no time for drama, stupidity and false people.
1 April 2012, 09:57,
I'm running in a different circle so to say, If I put it in the car the wife'll use it....and not fill up, so when I get some jerry cans, something else for my list which seems to be getting longer not shorter, I can hid my fuel somewhere away from the missus!!TongueTongueTongue
"Some say the end is near, some say we will see Armageddon soon...
I certainly hope we will, I sure could use a vacation from this silly shit."
2 April 2012, 19:26,
just brought a 20L can and spout.

Plan to build up capacity over time as the £££ allow
2 April 2012, 23:05,
check this out on the Law.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/newsbeat/17548007
3 April 2012, 01:54,
So I'll just keep 10 litres in my 20 litre jerry can. You know, the one made the same as that 10 litre one out of pressed steel - a wartime design I believe.