Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Greetings from Bonnie Scotland
2 April 2012, 19:52,
Greetings from Bonnie Scotland
Greetings from Bonnie Scotland (The original Garden of Eden...lol)
How refreshing it is to find a forum dedicated to the UK world of prepping and survival. I feel that I have been into ‘prepping’ all of my life. My grandfather began prepping after WWII in readiness for what he felt was inevitable and he brought his children and subsequent grandchildren up with this mind set. As a child growing up on my grandfather’s croft it was like being in a wonderful adventure learning various skills and techniques. Later serving with HM Forces I was taught a great deal more, though I still consider myself a relative beginner as there is so much to learn (always things change, new ideas, new methods etc.) I am always willing to explore new methods of prepping and it is with this in mind that I look forward to interacting within the forum.
“From now on it is only through a conscious choice and through a deliberate policy that humanity can survive.”
Pope John Paul II
2 April 2012, 20:04,
RE: Greetings from Bonnie Scotland
Howdoo from sunny Manchester...
"Some say the end is near, some say we will see Armageddon soon...
I certainly hope we will, I sure could use a vacation from this silly shit."
2 April 2012, 20:39,
Good evening!

Sailing away, not close to the wind.Heart
2 April 2012, 21:08,
Ey up matey, greetings and welcome to you too.
You have to get up early to catch a fox.
3 April 2012, 01:17,
Welcome men of clan.
3 April 2012, 09:05,
welcome, from rural Devon.
Some people that prefer to be alone arent anti-social they just have no time for drama, stupidity and false people.
3 April 2012, 09:29,
Hello and welcome Smile
3 April 2012, 09:32,
Greetings Clansman63, I too live in Scotland but originally a Sasenach. I'm pleased that your on board. Are you still crofting? Kenneth Eames.
3 April 2012, 09:49,
hello from norfolkSmile
just read alas Babylon ,so im going to get more salt!!!!
3 April 2012, 13:58,
Thanks for the lovely welcome folks, I appreciate it Smile

@ Timelord My nickname whilst I was in the Forces was "Clansman", however it sort of changed after I was married as my mother-in-law (who is Chinese) cannot pronounce "Clansman" and so says "Clansmen", hence the nickname changed..lol so now I am the 'men of clan' as you put it Wink

@ Kenneth Eames, a Sasenach that seen the light...lol
No sadly we do not have the croft any longer, however at the moment we have a small garden that we grow fruit and veg on and all being well I shall look to buying a small croft in four years time when the next lot of crofts are released for sale in the area that we want.
“From now on it is only through a conscious choice and through a deliberate policy that humanity can survive.”
Pope John Paul II