Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
PC Plod & Firearms confiscation
7 April 2012, 15:57,
PC Plod & Firearms confiscation
Does anybody know if there are any emergency government / C.O.B.R.A plans to confiscate firearms, maybe as part of a martial law attempt?

The reason I ask is that TEOTWAWKI may not happen over night. It's arguable that we have been experiencing a slow grind towards the abyss, what with the recession, possible collapse of the euro, and the fact our whole way of life relies on a finite resource.
So lets say that Britain has been circling the drain for a few months. Things are looking pretty shitty, but there is still a certain amount of normality, with power and water still running most of the time.

Imagine, having police, possibly armed, with a stretched out government official wielding emergency powers attempting to requisition food from "hoarders" and to confiscate weapons for the safety of the public. OPSEC is a crucial part of preparedness, but anyone with a registered firearm will be on the register. What would you do? Negotiate? Allow them to bully you and leave you defenseless? Fight back and hope that backup is stretched too thin, or that the legal ramifications will be lost in the coming chaos of WROL?
Woe to those who add house to house and join field to field, Until there is no more room, So that you have to live alone in the midst of the land!
Isaiah 5:8
7 April 2012, 16:43,
RE: PC Plod & Firearms confiscation
this is the very reason i have Air rifles, which dont need a FAC, so i'm not on some Plod's radar.
Some people that prefer to be alone arent anti-social they just have no time for drama, stupidity and false people.
7 April 2012, 17:06,
Well there are over a million SGC and FAC holders so it will be a major task. then the people have to be in. Once they start the word will be out and people will disappear. Plus it isn't like they have nothing else to do. There are always people speeding and smoking to tax.. err... fine.

Now as part of a plan they may do it where they want to trigger unrest but it'll be over time and triggered by something else like Dunblane II. We know it won't be implemented at the start of riots as we have seen and what else would be the trigger for what you ask? I have no doubt there is a plan for this somewhere. Spending money on preparing has never been an issue but in my opinion it is impractical.

Of course that is just my view.
Skean Dhude
-------------------------------
It is not the strongest of the species that survives, nor the most intelligent that survives. It is the one that is the most adaptable to change. - Charles Darwin
7 April 2012, 17:10,
would they have the time and resourses?? if it came to it and it just HAD to be done, would it be a long way down the line and everything would have gone T#Ts UP already??
Some people that prefer to be alone arent anti-social they just have no time for drama, stupidity and false people.
7 April 2012, 18:03,
I think, you would be better caching it, then reporting it stollen, at the first sign of that happening. Like, the same day as a Dunblane II situation occuring.
Dissent is the highest form of Patriotism - Thomas Jefferson
Those who sacrifice freedom for security deserve neither - Benjamin Franklin
7 April 2012, 18:07,
Scythe,

Tut Tut. I'm sure that would never happen.
Skean Dhude
It is not the strongest of the species that survives, nor the most intelligent that survives. It is the one that is the most adaptable to change. - Charles Darwin
7 April 2012, 18:18, (This post was last modified: 7 April 2012, 18:22 by Scythe13.)
(7 April 2012, 18:07)Skean Dhude Wrote: Scythe,

Tut Tut. I'm sure that would never happen.

Damn right it would.....n't.

I recommend everyone obey the law 100%. If you're going to break any law, break the law of gravity, after you can do that, then look into breaking other laws......and tell me about your gravity breaking system!!!
But in all seriousness, to respond to Tibbs:

I think there probably are plans in place to confiscate guns and the alike. My opinion is that having a gun license can be of huge benefit, but personally, if I was going to attain a firearm, I'd not want anyone to know. I'd recommend going down the same route as BP, high powered air-rifles. I wouldn't recommend getting a gun illegally, for 2 reasons:

1. Hard to get hold of Ammo

2. Because it's illegal!!!
Dissent is the highest form of Patriotism - Thomas Jefferson
Those who sacrifice freedom for security deserve neither - Benjamin Franklin
7 April 2012, 18:30,
(7 April 2012, 18:18)Scythe13 Wrote: I'd recommend going down the same route as BP, high powered air-rifles.

High powered air rifles are classed as firearms and need a FAC.

Hard to believe that only 20 years ago a child could have an air rifle and now it is licensed. I'm sur ethe millions who have dies, OK, thousands, OK maybe 2 wish it had been earlier.

Skean Dhude
7 April 2012, 19:43,
(7 April 2012, 18:30)Skean Dhude Wrote:
(7 April 2012, 18:18)Scythe13 Wrote: I'd recommend going down the same route as BP, high powered air-rifles.

High powered air rifles are classed as firearms and need a FAC.

Hard to believe that only 20 years ago a child could have an air rifle and now it is licensed. I'm sur ethe millions who have dies, OK, thousands, OK maybe 2 wish it had been earlier.
i think Scythe means air rifle's with a maximum power of 12ft/lbs which DONT need a FAC, such as the ones i have.
7 April 2012, 20:19,
(7 April 2012, 19:43)bigpaul Wrote: i think Scythe means air rifle's with a maximum power of 12ft/lbs which DONT need a FAC, such as the ones i have.

Fair enough but he used the phrase high power.
Skean Dhude