Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Meal Replacement Powder
10 April 2012, 10:42,
Meal Replacement Powder
Hi Everyone

As some of you know, I'm a gym freak and am slowly getting my size back. So I'm in the gym and chomping up my protein. I recently said about some Meal Replacement Powder sachetes that I forgot I had. They went off in 2006 or 2007 (I can't remember which). But either way, it doesn't matter. They were delicious!!!

One thing I've found is that having protein in the shaker and leaving it a while makes it stink! Also, if you let the shake get warm and stay warm for a little too long, you get the joyous squits! Funny tummy, even funnier farts, if you know what I mean. It's the same as milk.

Thankfully, the powder doesn't seem to go off! WOO!!!

The same applies to leaving it get warm when it's as a shake, but it's not had an repurcussions on my tummy at all!

The Meal Replacement that I used was the Met-Rx chocolate flavour one. It's very filling and can take up hardly any space!!!

I'm definitely going to be stocking up on them! Each bag I have will have a protein shaker, containing a load of caches (unopened) and just as many water purifiers.

In regards to washing them out....fill them with cold water, then shake. Simple as that. Pour the water out, and you're all done for 24 hours. As long as you clear the shaker out after every drink, you'll not have to properly clean it for a very long time! However, summer might prove otherwise.
Dissent is the highest form of Patriotism - Thomas Jefferson
Those who sacrifice freedom for security deserve neither - Benjamin Franklin
10 April 2012, 11:10,
RE: Meal Replacement Powder
Slimfast is good too.
10 April 2012, 11:35,
(10 April 2012, 11:10)00111001 Wrote: Slimfast is good too.

I'd rather have too many calories and gain a bit of weight, than I would slim dowm. But the principle is the same. If anyone wants to really save loads of weight on food, this is the way to go!
10 April 2012, 16:03,

The only reason slimfast is slimfast is because it has to be made up with skimmed milk.= very few calories. Use fully leaded milk and Bingo! slim not so fast.

Sailing away, not close to the wind.Heart
10 April 2012, 16:21,
i use the dried food packs in my GHB, the ones you get from the camping shop @ £5 each.
Some people that prefer to be alone arent anti-social they just have no time for drama, stupidity and false people.
10 April 2012, 16:32,
(10 April 2012, 16:21)bigpaul Wrote: i use the dried food packs in my GHB, the ones you get from the camping shop @ £5 each.

£5 each??? Damn you can create an entire cache to last you 2 weeks with £5.00, Your gonna be one extreme yuppy PSHTF Prepper :-)
“Subtle and insubstantial, the expert leaves no trace; divinely mysterious, he is inaudible. Thus he is master of his enemy's fate.” Sun Tzu
10 April 2012, 16:36,
(10 April 2012, 16:32)Stokey Wrote:
(10 April 2012, 16:21)bigpaul Wrote: i use the dried food packs in my GHB, the ones you get from the camping shop @ £5 each.

£5 each??? Damn you can create an entire cache to last you 2 weeks with £5.00, Your gonna be one extreme yuppy PSHTF Prepper :-)
yeah with what?, i'm not carrying a load of heavy tins in my backpack, remember this is a GHB or a BOB for a few days to get me to my BOL, these packs are dried, no liquid and weigh next to nothing. online they are £3.99+£2.50p&p, so its cheaper to buy them in my local camping shop.
Some people that prefer to be alone arent anti-social they just have no time for drama, stupidity and false people.
10 April 2012, 16:42,
Yeah, I missed the Bob bit and was still thinking Cache, Not a bad idea really, I think a lot of them also have thier own water supply and internal heater as well for 5 quid, Quick ready made meal and don't even have to start a fire to eat.

Only thing i couldnt find online is storage life?
“Subtle and insubstantial, the expert leaves no trace; divinely mysterious, he is inaudible. Thus he is master of his enemy's fate.” Sun Tzu
10 April 2012, 16:44,
(10 April 2012, 16:42)Stokey Wrote: Yeah, I missed the Bob bit and was still thinking Cache, Not a bad idea really, I think a lot of them also have thier own water supply and internal heater as well for 5 quid, Quick ready made meal and don't even have to start a fire to eat.

Only thing i couldnt find online is storage life?

no, i couldnt find storage life either, but seeing as how its dry it should last a long time.
10 April 2012, 17:39,
Meal replacement powder lasts at least 5 years after Best Before date.

As an experiment, I'll have 1 sachet of the powder every 10-12 months and see how it is. I've got like 10-15 packs, so we can test the shelf life for at least 8 more years.