Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Are you ready? have YOU thought it through??
12 April 2012, 15:32,
RE: Are you ready? have YOU thought it through??
I'm Smack bang inbetween Manchester and Birmingham, in a city with about 330,000 population, Luckily the Countryside is only about a 1 mile hike for me, and then miles and miles of countryside to hide out in.
“Subtle and insubstantial, the expert leaves no trace; divinely mysterious, he is inaudible. Thus he is master of his enemy's fate.” Sun Tzu
12 April 2012, 15:41,
(12 April 2012, 15:32)Stokey Wrote: I'm Smack bang inbetween Manchester and Birmingham, in a city with about 330,000 population, Luckily the Countryside is only about a 1 mile hike for me, and then miles and miles of countryside to hide out in.

good for you Stokey, 1 of the reasons we came back home to Devon was that Somerset was filling up with lots and lots of new houses, we went from Plymouth (250,000) to Glastonbury(8,800) back to rural Devon(small town population 1,300), we now live the furthest house back of a housing estate on the parish boundary, if i leave my house i am in the middle of fields, full of sheep and cows, within 30seconds! like you say, then miles and miles of countryside to hide out in.
Some people that prefer to be alone arent anti-social they just have no time for drama, stupidity and false people.
12 April 2012, 16:36,
My bols not far away if I need it, and I'm a known local nutter so I think people wont bother me too much.
when the young uns near me go garden shed robbing they skirt around my house for some reason...
"Some say the end is near, some say we will see Armageddon soon...
I certainly hope we will, I sure could use a vacation from this silly shit."
12 April 2012, 16:41,
(12 April 2012, 16:36)mikebratcher69 Wrote: My bols not far away if I need it, and I'm a known local nutter so I think people wont bother me too much.
when the young uns near me go garden shed robbing they skirt around my house for some reason...
yeah, there are some around here give me a wide berth, the kids call me "Mr.Grumpy!" our BOL is about 8 miles away, in normal circumstances can drive to it in 20 minutes, after TSHTF i reckon even if we have to walk we can do it in 24 hours-walking slowly, early morning and evening, and hiding out during the heat of the day.
Some people that prefer to be alone arent anti-social they just have no time for drama, stupidity and false people.
12 April 2012, 16:43,
Well at least you get heat down there, I should just wear flippers and a snorkal it rains that much up here...
"Some say the end is near, some say we will see Armageddon soon...
I certainly hope we will, I sure could use a vacation from this silly shit."
12 April 2012, 16:53,
(12 April 2012, 16:43)mikebratcher69 Wrote: Well at least you get heat down there, I should just wear flippers and a snorkal it rains that much up here...
we do get a lot of rain, because we are so near the moors the clouds come up over Dartmoor and dump it on us! but we do get good summers here too, not long enough for me but longer than places further oop north!
12 April 2012, 17:40,
(12 April 2012, 01:10)grumpy old man Wrote: with out your stores you might die anyway
overwellming firepower is the way and the ability to move around quick
and team work if you can ?

That's where your skills come in to play, said I'd leave my stores but shtf my Knife, purification tablets and a bit of this and that with will always be in my pockets, plenty of food out there growing wild
12 April 2012, 18:02,
i reckon you'll be safe enough PG, most Essex girls seem to live for false nails, fake tan and lots of partying, you'll make it out-they wont!
12 April 2012, 18:28,
LOL Paul so true.
I may live in Essex but I was raised in North London, I've always been Street wise my Daughter can't understand how I see things I'm not even looking at, even at almost 14 years of age she still claims I have eyes in the back of my head, I'll get out.
12 April 2012, 19:38,
(12 April 2012, 18:28)Prep Girl Wrote: LOL Paul so true.
I may live in Essex but I was raised in North London, I've always been Street wise my Daughter can't understand how I see things I'm not even looking at, even at almost 14 years of age she still claims I have eyes in the back of my head, I'll get out.

anybody who has lived in a city tends to know how to watch their back!