Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Are you ready? have YOU thought it through??
12 April 2012, 21:28,
RE: Are you ready? have YOU thought it through??
Yeah think it also depends on the life you lead, mine was a bit wild, left home at 16,but because of her up bringing my Daughter would not survive on the streets, not that she wouldn't stand and fight more she wouldn't be quick enough or aware enough to notice things, but she's a fighter, went punch for punch in a boxing match with her corporal at Army cadets, the other 2 girls refused to fight, he knocked my girl down with his first punch but when she got up she proper winded him, I was so proud lol Big Grin
13 April 2012, 00:41,
prep girl
not taking anything from you but a survival kit is just what you need to got somewhere safe with more supplies or civilisation.
you will need a lot more to live a (wild life) if you know what i mean more kit and tools and a plan ?
where would you get food from ? if most places have been looted and there is not loads of wildlife to hunt and kill in the uk?
i'am sure a swtched on girl like yourself knows this but others might not
i wished i could get my oh into preping like you ;-)
to win the war, you must be willing to die
13 April 2012, 01:29,
(12 April 2012, 14:07)bigpaul Wrote: i think your all crediting the sheeple with too much intelligence, OK there may be a few older ones with a bit of country knowledge, but most of your ordinary joe public hasnt the faintest idea where their food comes from or how to deal with an animal even if someone else has killed it for them! as for great hordes of them streaming out into the countryside, most sheeple will leave it for far too long, firstly they will wait for the govt to come to their aid, it will take them a long time before they realise help isnt coming and their on their own, by which time they wont have the strength to walk anywhere! i know in the 50s and 60s, maybe even in the 70s i would have taken a different point of view, but people these days are just so stupid, i mean look at the woman decanting petrol in her kitchen by a lit cooker, that just shows you the mentality we are dealing with, so dont credit them with any intelligence, cos most of them are as thick as 2 short planks.

They are not all stupid! Best not underestimate human cunning & desperation. Also, there are planty of Xbox trained raiders out there. Some of them will no doubt take to their new fantasy life with gusto.
13 April 2012, 06:02,
This is an interesting thread because I think I have become a little too confident and as Scythe says, 4 people and you are going to get hurt.

My biggest worry are the hordes of desperate hungry people. You don't need to be intelligent to mount attacks for food, you just need to see your kids dying in front of you.

We need to team up, at least some of us. Defense is easier in numbers. Going it alone is not the answer. Hmm, how to do this ?
13 April 2012, 08:50, (This post was last modified: 13 April 2012, 08:53 by Scythe13.)
Here's a question that'll freak you a bit Weyoun, when you see a bunch of lads on a street corner at night with hoods up, how much do you want to bet that their machete is bigger than yours?

When you get kids on street corners, there's 5-15! These kids will mostly have some kind of shiv/shank/blade/spike and they will be ruthless! They would get more aggressive if you shot their mate in the face.

Beyond that, they would have been working as a team for a few years, been watching loads of violent films, played violent games, and really have a pretty good understanding of most things military. For example, they know to stab you in the side or under the armpit, incase you're wearing a stab vest. Street kids are dangerous. Also, you don't have to be a genius to throw a rock, and rocks can be fatal!

Team work is derived from team practice. But team spirit comes from trust, and trust takes time to build.
Oh yeah, and all street kids would have read most of the Jolly Roger CB or the Anarchists CB. Those kids will be able to make Molotov Monday, Napalm Tuesday, and the rest.

At the very least they'll steal your BOB!
Haha, I meant to say they'd steal your BOV!
Dissent is the highest form of Patriotism - Thomas Jefferson
Those who sacrifice freedom for security deserve neither - Benjamin Franklin
13 April 2012, 09:28,
(13 April 2012, 01:29)Timelord Wrote:
(12 April 2012, 14:07)bigpaul Wrote: i think your all crediting the sheeple with too much intelligence, OK there may be a few older ones with a bit of country knowledge, but most of your ordinary joe public hasnt the faintest idea where their food comes from or how to deal with an animal even if someone else has killed it for them! as for great hordes of them streaming out into the countryside, most sheeple will leave it for far too long, firstly they will wait for the govt to come to their aid, it will take them a long time before they realise help isnt coming and their on their own, by which time they wont have the strength to walk anywhere! i know in the 50s and 60s, maybe even in the 70s i would have taken a different point of view, but people these days are just so stupid, i mean look at the woman decanting petrol in her kitchen by a lit cooker, that just shows you the mentality we are dealing with, so dont credit them with any intelligence, cos most of them are as thick as 2 short planks.

They are not all stupid! Best not underestimate human cunning & desperation. Also, there are planty of Xbox trained raiders out there. Some of them will no doubt take to their new fantasy life with gusto.
Xbox raiding is not real life, watching some game on the computer does NOT train someone for a life after TSHTF, even if they get out of the city they wont survive for long, i do think the "hordes coming out of the city" scenario is overplayed, may be different where the cities are closer together but i can only say that because everything is more rural down here, raiders are not my main concern, disease IS!
Some people that prefer to be alone arent anti-social they just have no time for drama, stupidity and false people.
13 April 2012, 11:11,
(13 April 2012, 00:41)grumpy old man Wrote: prep girl
not taking anything from you but a survival kit is just what you need to got somewhere safe with more supplies or civilisation.
you will need a lot more to live a (wild life) if you know what i mean more kit and tools and a plan ?
where would you get food from ? if most places have been looted and there is not loads of wildlife to hunt and kill in the uk?
i'am sure a swtched on girl like yourself knows this but others might not
i wished i could get my oh into preping like you ;-)

Don't worry about me I'll be fine Smile
13 April 2012, 13:10,
Currently taking out one scumbag on the street causes the others to back off. If you had a gun they would need one and not everyone has one. It is just down to luck in some cases. Where I live though there is a group by the local shops. Most are tough in gangs but very few as individuals. If you ruthlessly take out the Alpha, don't be fair about it, the others will be off to phone Plod. Wimps that they are. Our problem is that we can't afford to just knock them down it has to be something serious and when you do that our useless justice system screws you. After an event you can be ruthless but they know ehere you live and thus can plan an attack. Best keep you head down.
Skean Dhude
-------------------------------
It is not the strongest of the species that survives, nor the most intelligent that survives. It is the one that is the most adaptable to change. - Charles Darwin
13 April 2012, 13:50,
(13 April 2012, 13:10)Skean Dhude Wrote: Currently taking out one scumbag on the street causes the others to back off. If you had a gun they would need one and not everyone has one. It is just down to luck in some cases. Where I live though there is a group by the local shops. Most are tough in gangs but very few as individuals. If you ruthlessly take out the Alpha, don't be fair about it, the others will be off to phone Plod. Wimps that they are. Our problem is that we can't afford to just knock them down it has to be something serious and when you do that our useless justice system screws you. After an event you can be ruthless but they know ehere you live and thus can plan an attack. Best keep you head down.

after an event take them ALL out, less of a problem that way, WROL there wont be any plod to worry about.
Some people that prefer to be alone arent anti-social they just have no time for drama, stupidity and false people.
14 April 2012, 17:43,
I agree that 5-15 kids are dangerous, and I would not underestimate them, but mate, I am bigger than most, stronger and have advanced combat skills with both hand to hand and edged weapons training. Best bit, I can run really, really fast if I have too. I am not stupid enough to try and take on a gang of feral kids, I know how ruthless and dangerous they are, but if cornered, I will take out several with skill, speed, strength and ability before they overcome me.

Hopefully, my onslaught will be so shocking that the rest will back off, otherwise, I am meat.

My point is, I think it best to avoid this scenario if possible, but if I can't, I will go down fighting and some of them will hurt lots.

One thing I like about this site is the fact that it opens your eyes. I really did believe that I could handle myself well, but reality is, 3,4,5 or 6 desperate people are going to be tough to handle. Which is why I think teams or communities of preppers is the only way. Or, buy a bunker and bug down for 2 years.