Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Gun find
18 April 2012, 19:41,
RE: Gun find
(18 April 2012, 19:03)The Local Ned Wrote: Doubt it very much is a republican arms cache.

Not in that part of Glasgow anyway , too near Drumchapel which is a majority 'Loyalist' area.
Bearsden area is quite affluent , I'm talking swimming pools in the back garden for a lot of it...So a very unlikely place to find these weapons.

SA80 could be one that has been 'misplaced' in Ulster or on operations in Afghan or Iraq , doubt its a frankenstein build , you simply do not fling away parts of assault weapons , not British Army ones anyway , they get lost - complete , or they get handed back to the arms kote - complete.

I suspect that the SA80 in question could be an army cadet model which will be easier to obtain than a regular forces one.
Kalashnikovs ? probably 10 a penny in Glasgow Big Grin ,Handguns ? take yer pick...

Probably belonged to one of the Glasgow crime gangs.

Now if grenades and explosives were also found I'd suspect terrorist involvement , but for those weapons - criminals I think.

ak47 2 a penny bloody hell sod liveing there
just read alas Babylon ,so im going to get more salt!!!!
19 April 2012, 00:05,
you can get grenades with the right money and know the right villians
to win the war, you must be willing to die
19 April 2012, 12:29,
I must hang about with the wrong people. I miss out on all the best bits.
Skean Dhude
-------------------------------
It is not the strongest of the species that survives, nor the most intelligent that survives. It is the one that is the most adaptable to change. - Charles Darwin