Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
My new phone scares me!
15 April 2012, 17:53,
My new phone scares me!
My iphone wasn't sinking properly, so I now have a new phone.

Well.......it said about some locationing system, GPS and how it needed to be activated to get the maps bit to work, but then it also said that it would randomly collect data on my location! It was apparently 'confidential' data, so wouldn't tell people who I was. But how could it not say where and who I am, when a phone is registered to you, and it's totally in contact with every part of your life (emails, bank accounts, etc) then really, the phone is your identity!

Guess what!?

My new phone can become a wifi hotspot, so I'm using that feature on my iphones satnav.

That way, it'll be a larger bridge of data, so my identity will be slightly harder to track from my location on a single network.

I feel like I'm constantly being stalked now!
Dissent is the highest form of Patriotism - Thomas Jefferson
Those who sacrifice freedom for security deserve neither - Benjamin Franklin
15 April 2012, 17:57,
RE: My new phone scares me!
I own quite a basic phone any way but I'm about to go back to as basic as I can find, but you already knew those phns do that.
15 April 2012, 22:52,
Thinking of getting rid of my phone.

It doesn't go off as much as it used to- thankfully. it's a bad week if it rings twice.

As for calling out- it's a touchscreen, which is annoying- no buttons to press, and it always selects the wrong thing even if I touch it in the right place.

As soon as the contract runs out, cancelling it and sticking with the landline. Most people call me there anyway.
Sodomi Non Sapiens.
16 April 2012, 00:06,
I had a top of the range smart phone then thought wtf am I doing in the woods with this useless thing, in fact as a prepper I should know better.

I ended up getting a cheap Samsung b2710 fully water proof freeze proof and near on indestructible, plus added bonus of a led torch that don’t drain the batt.
16 April 2012, 00:48,
Mobile ..... Phone?

Garlic ...... Bread?

Cheese ..... Cake?

?WTF?Big Grin
16 April 2012, 13:57,
we've both got basic Nokia phones and i do mean basic! phone calls and texts and thats it-no camera, just a bog basic phone, until this morning(flat tyre)i hadn't used it for about 6 months!
Some people that prefer to be alone arent anti-social they just have no time for drama, stupidity and false people.