Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 4 Average
Where's everyone bugging out to?
21 April 2012, 11:00,
Where's everyone bugging out to?
It seems many folks have BOB's ready but, not many at all give details of where they might go, and how they get there.

So i thought i'd ask the question.

Do you you know were your going and how do you get there?
21 April 2012, 11:36,
RE: Where's everyone bugging out to?
(21 April 2012, 11:00)Jan Wrote: It seems many folks have BOB's ready but, not many at all give details of where they might go, and how they get there.

So i thought i'd ask the question.

Do you you know were your going and how do you get there?

yes and yes, but for security reasons i'm not giving out the addresses or routes!Big Grin
Some people that prefer to be alone arent anti-social they just have no time for drama, stupidity and false people.
21 April 2012, 14:36,
Some of us are bugging in.
Skean Dhude
-------------------------------
It is not the strongest of the species that survives, nor the most intelligent that survives. It is the one that is the most adaptable to change. - Charles Darwin
21 April 2012, 15:06,
Plan B- Bug In here at Casa de Bucket
Plan C- Leg it North to Shetland (got a holiday home on Unst)
Sodomi Non Sapiens.
21 April 2012, 16:41,
plan A: Bug IN, plan B bug out to principal BOL, plan c 2nd BOL, plan D 3rd BOL,plan E 4th BOL,plan F 5th BOL,plan G 6th BOL,plan H 7th BOLBig GrinBig Grin
Some people that prefer to be alone arent anti-social they just have no time for drama, stupidity and false people.
21 April 2012, 17:21,
Hello and welcome and yes and yes Smile
21 April 2012, 19:25,
Hi Jan, I'm planning to bug in! I have two BOLs (bug out locations) to be on the safe side, one of which is a great distance away and I would need to be able to move swiftly ahead of the sheeple stampeding in order to get there. I have various routes planned for each location and two modes of transport dependent upon conditions. I plan to get a motorbike in the future which will become my primary vehicle to get to either BOL. Are you bugging out, have you got your route planned and your BOB ready to go? welcome to the forum Smile
21 April 2012, 21:33,
Do you mean what kind of places Jan rather then where? coz no one will say exactly where it is there gona be heading, but if you need help choosing a safe location then we can give pointers.
21 April 2012, 22:05,
That was actually going to be my first post. I hear a lot about bug out bags, everyone is talking about them. Especially in the US, it’s as if they are the no 1 survival tool. It’s as if at the first sign of trouble the best thing to do is to abandon your home. Does everyone have secret bunkers?

Perhaps people are worried about different threats than me? I am pretty out of touch with other preppers, and a humble forum noob.

I have never felt the need a BOB myself. I always keep survival equipment, emergency water, dried fruit and nuts etc in the car, but that’s just common sense really. But perhaps that is a kind of bug out bag?

I have been building up my kit for over 20 years, so I have more than enough to have several bags packed. It’s just that the only thing I plan to run from is an impending tsunami. I live in a pretty vulnerable place for that. I have things stored around the house in strategic locations though.

I’m not saying that I’m right here. I’m just saying my thoughts so people have the opportunity to explain other points of view, so I can learn. As I said, I’m pretty out of touch.

I do think that BOBs sound kind of fun though. And really that is enough of a motive to put one together. But I am interested in hearing why they are given such a high priority?
21 April 2012, 22:29,
Bug out bag or grab bag if something happens or about to happen to your home base or home then having the option of moving out of property at speed is what makes BOB useful, they should not just be a bit of fun, I think EDC yes is maybe more a bit of fun.

I think the problem and agree with what you say is that many people seem to think running off to the woodlands with their BOB is going to keep them alive.

Like anything BOB is only a tool to reach a place of pre-planned safety anything less than.........Angel