Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Cache location ideas
26 April 2012, 22:36,
Cache location ideas
Starting to build a nice basic level of preps and am struggling to think of somewhere safe to cache them. All in eggs in one basket at home at present as I would be planning on staying there if anything should happen but I would like a plan B.

I just fear someone seeing me digging or the land being fenced off and turned to building site etc I live in a busy part of Essex but could perhaps drive out to somewhere a few miles away from town and bury in a wood etc

Without giving too much away what sort of ideas can you guys share?

27 April 2012, 00:20,
RE: Cache location ideas
This is a similar thing that I'm wondering about.

I've got a big old protein tub waiting to be hidden. I'll PM you some interesting thoughts.
Dissent is the highest form of Patriotism - Thomas Jefferson
Those who sacrifice freedom for security deserve neither - Benjamin Franklin
27 April 2012, 14:10,
Self storage unit. £15 a month, 20 foot shipping container in a compound and we've all got keys.

27 April 2012, 14:38,
(27 April 2012, 14:10)Paul Wrote: Self storage unit. £15 a month, 20 foot shipping container in a compound and we've all got keys.

yeah! and we've all got boltcroppers too, come SHTF thats the first sort of places to get raided....oops sorry, "scavenged"!!!Big Grin
Some people that prefer to be alone arent anti-social they just have no time for drama, stupidity and false people.
27 April 2012, 15:56,
There's something like 12000 units in this section.
It is in a stack 20 x 5 high, and there are lots and lots and lots of stacks.
Ever seen a fully shrouded lock security shipping container?
Ever tried to cut a cobalt steel shafted shrouded lock off with bolt cutters?
We had to use a acetlyne torch on an ajoining unit who lost their key.
Ruined the door and took our welder 4 hours to fabricate a new shroud.

Reasonbly good odds.

27 April 2012, 16:47,
I'm not a supported of burying things in the woods. Anyone could find it, newly dug earth interests many people. Plus when it rains, something gets built, even in nature parks paths and buildings are built and the site changes.

I don't like storage containers either. Plod regularly raids them and you have to prove what is yours and where you got it from. Although I would guess that the further out you live the less they are interested. It is still a risk though. However, after an event I can see container parks being taken over and each container opened up by raiders. Again though the further out the less likely.

If you do bury in someone elses land then make sure it is somewhere unlikely to be redeveloped. Try and keep you eye on the topsoil until it returns to normal.

If you put in a storage unit then try and make it out in the country somewhere that you can access at any time on your own. Pref a farmer that you know who will you put your own on there.
Skean Dhude
-------------------------------
It is not the strongest of the species that survives, nor the most intelligent that survives. It is the one that is the most adaptable to change. - Charles Darwin
28 April 2012, 11:51,
i'm not a fan of burying things or hiding them where you have no control over what happens there, that includes storage units, i did think long and hard once about using a storage unit but decided against it as i wouldn't be able to get access 24/7.
Some people that prefer to be alone arent anti-social they just have no time for drama, stupidity and false people.