Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 4 Average
exocet200 x bow
5 May 2012, 01:30,
RE: exocet200 x bow
no mate you can install the peep without taking the tension off .
mind me asking how your trying to part the string
5 May 2012, 02:05,
(5 May 2012, 01:30)Familyguy Wrote: no mate you can install the peep without taking the tension off .
mind me asking how your trying to part the string

I used a piece of plastic the problem I am having is the string is twisted and trying to get dead centre is near on impossible I am trying to untwist and push through it just not happening.

Then the other problem is the hole is so small unlike the video when he had like an almost untwisted string and very long gap which he needed to tie down.

Last of all my string was coated quite heavy I had to scrape lots off, it was almost like the string had a plastic coat, if that makes sense.
Do not look for a sanctuary in anyone except your self    ཨོཾ་མ་ཎི་པདྨེ་ཧཱུྃ
5 May 2012, 07:17,
yeah it does ... i honestly think you need a bowman to have a look at it.....what part of the uk i am gonna see my pal on sunday morning and i ll ask him if he knows anyone that side ... let me know before sunday morning please .
5 May 2012, 12:53, (This post was last modified: 5 May 2012, 22:16 by Nemesis.)
Border Essex/Herts, I was going to join a club the problem and I am not sure if it was just my local because it seems everything costs a lot more round here, but they wanted £400 pound year membership from me, for one son it was the same or he could watch free, so for two of us £800 and £15 pound each every time we went, Id sooner buy crossbows for that kind of money.

The other club I tried I went to their forum and got put off by it, looked to me an ego war going on with members, so I gave up on the idea of local clubs, If your friend knows a honest dealer in Essex or Herts that would be great.

I did meet a fellow who cut me out some muzzle brakes for my air guns, who said I could meet him and his lot up on a farm called Petes Farm, as well as rifle shooting they also have quite a large archery group, problem is that was in Chelmsford and I can’t really go that far as family member has been quite Ill since December.
6 May 2012, 16:40,
there a rip off ..... if i get you my pals number at his archery centre could u post it to him after having a chat with him as to what it needs .... i think its the best way i dont even mind going over and helping him and checking its right before we post it back.
6 May 2012, 19:35,
(6 May 2012, 16:40)Familyguy Wrote: there a rip off ..... if i get you my pals number at his archery centre could u post it to him after having a chat with him as to what it needs .... i think its the best way i dont even mind going over and helping him and checking its right before we post it back.

Thanks FG kind offer, I have in fact done it now, the problem was these strings are as tough as well bow strings and I was on my first attempt over cautious not to damage it, I went at it again this time with my home made line splitter and got stuck in, the end result is the peep sight is in place, can you check the pics to make sure its correct way round, I am sure it is.

The peep sight on full draw lines up to sight dead centre I would have thought that was correct.

I failed to buy this string that ties the peep sight in and will have to place an order for that.

[Image: TSKT5wgZwwB6q4EzGx2O0kzUz.jpg]

The white tape was put there as a marker before I started the split.

[Image: qp1K9S5KuUtIRJVffYVIuTCfR.jpg]

This is going to change the way I shoot can't wait to give it a test.
6 May 2012, 23:23,
thats the one mate if ever you over loughborough/leic i am quite happy to show u and your sons the basics...looking good mate.