Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Mile run
30 April 2012, 10:19,
Mile run
So as part of my new fitness training regime, which is losely based on the royal marines Initial military fitness. I just ran my first full mile in years. I can safely report I am not that fit haha.

I was wandering how far and in what time others can run a mile in, just as a sort of standard for distance so people can measure their own fitness agaisnt.

I managed the mile in 9 minutes 24 seconds and that was tough.

Just courious to see how you guys measure up in fitness, I don't want to be the most unfit in this forum Wink
Failure is always an option.
30 April 2012, 10:23,
RE: Mile run
(30 April 2012, 10:19)Neuralsandwich Wrote: So as part of my new fitness training regime, which is losely based on the royal marines Initial military fitness. I just ran my first full mile in years. I can safely report I am not that fit haha.

I was wandering how far and in what time others can run a mile in, just as a sort of standard for distance so people can measure their own fitness agaisnt.

I managed the mile in 9 minutes 24 seconds and that was tough.

Just courious to see how you guys measure up in fitness, I don't want to be the most unfit in this forum Wink
dont worry you arent the least fit!Tongue i dont run anywhere!Big Grin
Some people that prefer to be alone arent anti-social they just have no time for drama, stupidity and false people.
30 April 2012, 10:25,
That is fair enough, my main motivation for this is to actually beat my older brother in fitness and strength, I managed to beat him in height so by the the end of the year I'll be the bigger brother haha.
30 April 2012, 10:54,
I don't run unless I'm being chased by something with more teeth than all the Osmond family combined
30 April 2012, 11:17,
I do run mixed with power walk twice a day, each hour is around the 4 mile mark, so 8 miles a day some times 12 rest Sundays.
Do not look for a sanctuary in anyone except your self    ཨོཾ་མ་ཎི་པདྨེ་ཧཱུྃ
30 April 2012, 11:39,
i walk the dog on a country lane alongside fields, about 1 hour per day every day.
Some people that prefer to be alone arent anti-social they just have no time for drama, stupidity and false people.
30 April 2012, 11:51,
Well good to see that I was on par before, I used to only walk about 4 miles a day in just over an hour.
30 April 2012, 11:54,
I'd like to start running again, but I broke my pelvis in a car accident years ago, and being young I escaped from hospital to spend time in the pub. Thus it healed strangely, I've now got extra bone, so I run like a mortally wounded, but very graceful, three legged elephant.

But, getting a dog, so I'll be walking about 4 miles a day from now on. Dunno about the running though - depends who can see me Smile
30 April 2012, 12:12, (This post was last modified: 30 April 2012, 12:13 by Nemesis.)
(30 April 2012, 11:51)Neuralsandwich Wrote: Well good to see that I was on par before, I used to only walk about 4 miles a day in just over an hour.

I go from my home to local co-op around a green and back home I guess 4 miles my pedometer reads as 7500 Avg steps by the time I get home, I also carry a weighted back pack and I am a big bloke, I have years of training behind me but I am new to this running walking combo (week 7), and like it a lot as I am getting older I see it as the way to go for me.

(30 April 2012, 11:39)bigpaul Wrote: i walk the dog on a country lane alongside fields, about 1 hour per day every day.

Paul do you get out of breath on this walk?
Do not look for a sanctuary in anyone except your self    ཨོཾ་མ་ཎི་པདྨེ་ཧཱུྃ
30 April 2012, 12:14,
I've not measured my 1 mile time, so that'll be a good thing for me to do. I've been running with my GHB and BOB, but I assume you want packless time?

I'm working with the Scouts tonight, so it'll have to be done tomorrow.

The average person is meant to be able to run a mile in 10 minutes, so taking off more than 30 seconds from that is a BIG step up! Already you're above average mate.
Dissent is the highest form of Patriotism - Thomas Jefferson
Those who sacrifice freedom for security deserve neither - Benjamin Franklin