Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
food tracer
3 May 2012, 13:55,
food tracer
you may find this interesting, lists all the food distribution centres, abattoirs etc.: http://www.tracingpaper.org.uk/foodtracer
Some people that prefer to be alone arent anti-social they just have no time for drama, stupidity and false people.
3 May 2012, 14:08,
RE: food tracer
Interesting. It will certainly be a handy resource if we can get there first.
Skean Dhude
-------------------------------
It is not the strongest of the species that survives, nor the most intelligent that survives. It is the one that is the most adaptable to change. - Charles Darwin
3 May 2012, 14:10,
(3 May 2012, 14:08)Skean Dhude Wrote: Interesting. It will certainly be a handy resource if we can get there first.

thats what i thought SDBig Grin OH found a reference to it in the local paper!
Some people that prefer to be alone arent anti-social they just have no time for drama, stupidity and false people.
3 May 2012, 14:50,
BP, that's superb. Priceless information there!

There's one in Southampton, for Tesco I believe, I may have a recce to see what the security is like at the moment, and what tools, if any, would be necessary to gain access post SHTF.
3 May 2012, 14:54,
(3 May 2012, 14:50)00111001 Wrote: BP, that's superb. Priceless information there!

There's one in Southampton, for Tesco I believe, I may have a recce to see what the security is like at the moment, and what tools, if any, would be necessary to gain access post SHTF.

yep, got an abattoir here in the town, but cant get near it as its staffed 7 days a week, wont stop me post SHTF though( i hope they leave the butchering knives behind!)Big Grin
3 May 2012, 15:50,
:-) There is a new regional CDC for Asda being built about a mile across the fields from my place. Scrummy!!
3 May 2012, 17:42,
The security of these places would put a prison to shame.

Used to hang around with a couple of "freegans" - people who lived off waste food- and the Tesco depot in Dundee was a great place, if you got into it- about half the food that went in was scrapped before distribution.

Razor wire was everywhere as well as anti-climb paint on all vertical surfaces- the main gate area was electrified with more cameras than the football stadium when Sky was in town (to stop people like us getting in), even the architecture made getting in a problem- unmarked weakened roofs were a common thing.

A bit of parkour, bolt cutters and something to cover the razors and you're fine.

Going in when the Good Times happen, well the doors are heavy roller shutters- mechanically operated (can't open manually), and most stuff is shrink-wrapped cardboard with just a barcode on the side, so a car jack and some heavy duty cutting gear may be in order.
Sodomi Non Sapiens.
3 May 2012, 18:42,
some friens used to get into the back of a unit where i used to live, i think it was a dairy, never had to buy milk or eggs when they were around!
3 May 2012, 20:15,
Thanks for this, Always handy to have such information Wink
“From now on it is only through a conscious choice and through a deliberate policy that humanity can survive.”
Pope John Paul II