Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Why you should leave the city.
6 May 2012, 20:04, (This post was last modified: 6 May 2012, 20:06 by The Local Ned.)
RE: Why you should leave the city.
Good question.

Just look at Western Russia during WW2.

The people in the cities were used for forced labour ,and towns and villages people were used as landworkers and targets in reprisals.

Those who escaped to wilder areas became partisans and ultimately greatly aided the demise of the German military around them.
Its actually worthwhile reading the story of the partisans , much can be learned from their survival techniques in the woodlands.
(6 May 2012, 20:04)The Local Ned Wrote: Good question.

The people in the cities were used for forced labour ,and towns and villages people were used as landworkers and targets in reprisals.

Those who escaped to wilder areas became partisans and ultimately greatly aided the demise of the German military around them.
Its actually worthwhile reading the story of the partisans , much can be learned from their survival techniques in the woodlands.

Google ' Bielski Partisans ' or ' Zemlyanka ' .
You'll see what I mean.

Trying very hard not to be paranoid.....and it aint getting easier.
7 May 2012, 08:56,

Google ' Bielski Partisans ' or ' Zemlyanka ' .
You'll see what I mean.
Ray Mears did a programme on the partisans, i think its on youtube!

Some people that prefer to be alone arent anti-social they just have no time for drama, stupidity and false people.
7 May 2012, 11:54,
Yeah - I've seen that one BP , had a few useful snippets of info , and is as good a template for setting up a hidden community as any.
Trying very hard not to be paranoid.....and it aint getting easier.
7 May 2012, 12:04,
i think by the time they finished it was a huge community but if i remember they had to move even further out as the Nazis conned onto where they were and i think they only made it because they went into a huge marshy area where the Germans couldnt go with all their equipment. i think that getting too big a group is a continual problem, i know the pro's: more people to do the work, more people to guard etc.etc, but then there are the cons: more people mean more food, more water, more space to live, more cooking more chance of the smoke being seen, more people moving about means more chance of tracks being noticed, i prefer smaller groups for those reasons.
Some people that prefer to be alone arent anti-social they just have no time for drama, stupidity and false people.