Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
house falls into sea
7 May 2012, 14:38,
house falls into sea
one reason you shouldn't buy a house ON the coast: http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-devon-17974087
Some people that prefer to be alone arent anti-social they just have no time for drama, stupidity and false people.
8 May 2012, 00:23,
RE: house falls into sea
Already got a house ON the coast. Not much chance of falling in the sea but tsunamis are a concern. We got hit by one a few months back from a tremor out in the Solent. But by the time it reached us it had gone down to two meters... so more of a splash really. Still freaked me out when I saw it coming through the binoculars... It was like watching a shark coming at you and then gold fish lands at your feet.
If I hadn't happened to be looking out with the binos when it came I wouldn't have even noticed anything had happened. I've still got my eye on La Palma though!
8 May 2012, 14:08,
i think in that case, i'd be more interested in a house on a HILL!!Big Grin
Some people that prefer to be alone arent anti-social they just have no time for drama, stupidity and false people.
8 May 2012, 23:00,
I was looking for a house on the hill when we came across this place at the bottom of it! However the big hill behind us is in escaping to on foot distance, and does contain a couple of nice unused cold war nuclear bunkers... and a lot of cool tunnels. I just don't think I can out run a tsunami... perhaps just about on the chop, if it was outside all warmed up ready... screaming pedestrians in the road permitting!