Fire Starting Info / Help
Fair bit of info here, good to know Smile

Fire Starting Tips
9 May 2012, 20:46,
RE: Fire Starting Info / Help
Thanks binary, this info is amazing!
16 May 2012, 20:07,
Interesting stuff, i had a bonfire the other night as i was burning a load of paperwork an junk an i had an old roll of rubber carpet underlay nearby that i was gonna burn, but before i could chuck it on the fire i was busy burning all the other crap an a spark must of drifted over to the underlay cos it started smouldering an kept going so it is a good fire starter an when its going it burns with intense heat for quite a time.
So a few small strips in any firestarter kit would be a good move.
Nothing endures but change ~Heraclitus
16 May 2012, 20:35,
(16 May 2012, 20:07)Rootsman Wrote: Interesting stuff, i had a bonfire the other night as i was burning a load of paperwork an junk an i had an old roll of rubber carpet underlay nearby that i was gonna burn, but before i could chuck it on the fire i was busy burning all the other crap an a spark must of drifted over to the underlay cos it started smouldering an kept going so it is a good fire starter an when its going it burns with intense heat for quite a time.
So a few small strips in any firestarter kit would be a good move.

Thanks. Good to know!

I presume it's because it's rubber based?
16 May 2012, 21:53,
yeah rubber based but it must have summat else in it some type of chem,maybe dampproofing but whatever it is, it works, an good too, its like burning touchpaper, its easy to tear off a strip as it is realy light.
Nothing endures but change ~Heraclitus