Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
UK collective retreats
12 May 2012, 15:37,
UK collective retreats
Hi guys

Does anyone know of anyone offering spaces in a disaster retreat? I know this Mayan thing may be a lot of hot air, but the more I look at it the more things seem to be heading in that direction. Its difficult to get ready for a serious global disaster on your own but a collective would have a greater opurtunity of pulling everything together.

Any thoughts????

Thanks
12 May 2012, 16:32,
RE: UK collective retreats
(12 May 2012, 15:37)Illepidae Wrote: Hi guys

Does anyone know of anyone offering spaces in a disaster retreat? I know this Mayan thing may be a lot of hot air, but the more I look at it the more things seem to be heading in that direction. Its difficult to get ready for a serious global disaster on your own but a collective would have a greater opurtunity of pulling everything together.

Any thoughts????

Thanks
well, for me its the old prepper adage:" if you havent met them, havent worked with them, then dont trust them", a" collective " sounds a bit too happy, clappy to me. as SD & NR is always saying we have to get to know each other first at RV's(like the WG) and see what we can achieve together.
Some people that prefer to be alone arent anti-social they just have no time for drama, stupidity and false people.
12 May 2012, 17:17,
There are a few out there. Mainly in the deserts of Oz and the US. The ones signing up seem to be millionaires though. That says something.
Skean Dhude
-------------------------------
It is not the strongest of the species that survives, nor the most intelligent that survives. It is the one that is the most adaptable to change. - Charles Darwin
12 May 2012, 17:27,
Would you really want to hook up with a bunch of strangers I wouldn't there's the safety issues to start with would u trust a stranger to watch your back not me, then there's the issues of who does what how are you going to know if they can say for instance skin and gut a deer many people including men quail at the thought of this, you could end up the one doing all the work while the others sit on their backsides, I know this would naff me off. I would rather have someone I know watch my back and I theirs not a stranger
True heroes don't wear football shirts, they wear dog tags.
12 May 2012, 17:38,
thats what i meant by"if you havent met them, havent worked with them, DONT trust them"!Big Grin i would hate to be in some retreat with a load of whining sheeple, who (like you say) cant (or wont) gut a rabbit or a pheasant, there is absolutely nothing to be gained by putting yourself in this situation and you would probably put yourself at risk doing it, in that case you are far better off being on your own...you only have yourself to worry aboutBig Grin anyway thats how i feel about it!Tongue
Some people that prefer to be alone arent anti-social they just have no time for drama, stupidity and false people.
12 May 2012, 17:43,
Wink  RE: UK collective retreats
I will always stand by that sentiment. That wasn't knocking people who can't gut or skin there's a fair bit I suck at I'm the first admit it.
13 May 2012, 08:51,
i should have put the emphasis on WONT(as in gut a rabbit).....some people just wont try...too much of a yuck factor! there are a lot of people/sheeple who wont accept orders...as in" we need some firewood-you,you &you!" they will just sit about moaning about how awful everything is and i'm just NOT going to get myself lumbered with people like that, thats why i and OH will be setting up on our own, we succeed or fail by our own endeavours and we are not responsible for the fate of others. if anyone else wants to go the "collective" group then you need to set up an area group NOW..not after TSHTF, like Scythe is doing in Bristol! you need people you can trust and rely on....NOT rely on complete strangers after the event has happened.Big Grin
13 May 2012, 09:05,
Wink  RE: UK collective retreats
I am hoping to go to next meet in bristol when there is one if I don't get lost so my son will have to come lol
15 May 2012, 01:47,
Personally I think other people in need of guidance can be a valuable resource after TSHTF... but they need to be the right people and you need to know how to vet and heard them. I'm used to vetting and herding my staff, but I expect it's not so simple when some of them may want to kill you. So far none of my assistants have tried to kill me... other people have, but they didn't work for me. Boy would they get a bad reference letter.
It's not to hard to bring out the tribe mentality... it's innate in all of us... more so than how we live now. It's close to the surface, it's what makes football fans behave like such tossers. But from bike gangs to business, if treated correctly it's surprising how quickly strangers can become loyal to someone able to earn their respect.
I'm not saying anyone else is wrong... or that my way is better, I'm just saying the way I do things.

This method doesn't seem to work on rock bands though.
15 May 2012, 08:52,
LOl! I have found the best way to manage rock bands is via their 'fruit and flowers' account! Cool