Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Things the world is running out of...
8 July 2012, 12:06,
RE: Things the world is running out of...
this makes me chuckle xD

first off, carbon is going to be used to new electronics including circuits, with the new fabrication techniques and studies into graphene and various buckminster contraptions, electronic technology is on the precipice of a revolution, within 10 years all displays (LED, LCD, CRT and plasma) will all be replaced by OLED (organic light emitting diodes) as will lighting, these oled's consume 2% the energy of conventional displays, have true black, can be flexible, see through, and all manner of other things (i know about these because i did some research for a VERY big company)....as well as various forms of alternative energy are being developed to the point of being far more viable than ever before, so although we do have our energy woes, i dont see them lasting much longer.

also graphene (a flat sheet of carbon, like graphite, but only 1 layer thick, its essentially a 2d shape Tongue) has almost no resistance at all, its almost a super conductor (which by the way they've got some to work at room temperature)

also dumpsite mining has been in the minds of various scholars and companys for the last 5 years or so, and as resources become mroe and more scarce the likely hood of this happening is increasing exponentially, i was reading an article about this very thing about 2-3 years ago Smile

as for china, dont get me started, they have the worlds largest stockpiles of 3 of the 5 rarest metals on earth, and they aint selling.