9 is bad
10 is v.bad
[Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Risk Assessment
8 June 2012, 12:45,
RE: Risk Assessment
One can only plan to try and be ready to survive any major incident providing god does not decide your time is up.

8 June 2012, 12:57,
"While going solo may be some preppers initial SHTF & PSHTF survival strategy, it should be recognised that in the longer term than mutually supportive co-operation in a group increases rates of survival dramatically."

Yes, I think this is true, although forming co-operative support groups will inevitably be riven with problems namely politics driven by self interest, self aggrandisment, hierachy and the need to lead or power over others. It is seemingly human nature Sad
8 June 2012, 12:58, (This post was last modified: 8 June 2012, 13:01 by bigpaul.)
i dont believe in God, i'll decide when my time is up, not some superstitious mumbo jumbo...(.no offence meant!)Big Grin
(8 June 2012, 12:57)Bug_out_Bag Wrote: "While going solo may be some preppers initial SHTF & PSHTF survival strategy, it should be recognised that in the longer term than mutually supportive co-operation in a group increases rates of survival dramatically."

Yes, I think this is true, although forming co-operative support groups will inevitably be riven with problems namely politics driven by self interest, self aggrandisment, hierachy and the need to lead or power over others. It is seemingly human nature Sad

yes, i think that the initial SHTF strategy will be solo,2s and 3's and small family groups...2+2.4, although after a time,i believe, small cooperative trading groups will arise.
Some people that prefer to be alone arent anti-social they just have no time for drama, stupidity and false people.
8 June 2012, 13:13,
I agree Big Grin
8 June 2012, 13:29,
(8 June 2012, 12:58)bigpaul Wrote: i dont believe in God, i'll decide when my time is up, not some superstitious mumbo jumbo...(.no offence meant!)Big Grin

No offence taken, If Gaia or the Earth Mother decides your time is up etc Smile

8 June 2012, 13:43,
(8 June 2012, 13:29)NorthernRaider Wrote:
(8 June 2012, 12:58)bigpaul Wrote: i dont believe in God, i'll decide when my time is up, not some superstitious mumbo jumbo...(.no offence meant!)Big Grin

No offence taken, If Gaia or the Earth Mother decides your time is up etc Smile

Big GrinBig GrinBig Grin
Some people that prefer to be alone arent anti-social they just have no time for drama, stupidity and false people.
2 July 2012, 09:10,
Voted is not a good thing.

This is a very subjective issue. If I accidentally stumble into the BOL of a prepper that I did not know was there, it'd be a very bad situation for me.

Out in the open in no-man's land its probably less dangerous but it then depends on the individual

Early replies about not fearing a woman prepper as much as fearing a man.... I am completely the reverse. A woman prepper with children to feed an protect is in my oppinion more dangerous than a man, especially if she feels her children's safety to have been jeopardised by the encounter with me.

Overall I'd be not OK with the encounter and be ready to take action very rapidly, possibly pre-emtive action. Of course the other prepper will in all likelihood be of the same mind..... Not good.
72 de

Lightspeed
26-SUKer-17

26-TM-580

2 July 2012, 09:16,
better then, to know your BOL area really well, and to know who is moving around it it! observation, observation, observation, and keep your own noise and cooking smells/smoke to an absolute minimum.
2 July 2012, 09:18,
You may know it really well but if you don't live there then the likelihood is when you arrive several days after an event you will find that the situation is not quite the same.
Skean Dhude
-------------------------------
It is not the strongest of the species that survives, nor the most intelligent that survives. It is the one that is the most adaptable to change. - Charles Darwin
2 July 2012, 09:20,
(2 July 2012, 09:18)Skean Dhude Wrote: You may know it really well but if you don't live there then the likelihood is when you arrive several days after an event you will find that the situation is not quite the same.

that may be so for city dwellers SD but not so in a rural environment.