10 is v.bad
[Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Risk Assessment
2 July 2012, 11:32,
RE: Risk Assessment
(2 July 2012, 11:21)Lightspeed Wrote:
(2 July 2012, 11:11)NorthernRaider Wrote: I used to have a den in a tracklayers steel doored locker built into the side of an abandoned NE Railway tunnel, twas great until some bleeding pippistrel bats made the tunnel their home then the happy clappy environmentalist found out and had the tunnel bricked up with holes only big enough for the bats to get in.

You don't want to go sharing a BOL with bats.... they carry rabies even in the UK :-(

Prob best to leave the tunnel bricked up fro the time being.

They also crap over everything!

2 July 2012, 11:51,
this is a very interesting thread, however i think we are giving the sheeple credit for too much intelligence, i dont believe the sheeple will bug out right at the start of an event, hell it will take them weeks if not months to realise TSHTF if we are talking a slow burn effect, by which time we are all living in our BOL's...right??in my area the nearest cities are over 30 and 40 miles away..how far can you walk in a day...untrained and unfit as most of the sheeple are??
Some people that prefer to be alone arent anti-social they just have no time for drama, stupidity and false people.
2 July 2012, 11:56,
BP,

If even 0.01% of them bug out that is still a lot of buggers bugging out. Some may not be bright, and as a group less so, but some are.

I think that you undestimate the risk. You may be right but erring on the side of caution is our way. Much better to plan for the worst case.
Skean Dhude
-------------------------------
It is not the strongest of the species that survives, nor the most intelligent that survives. It is the one that is the most adaptable to change. - Charles Darwin
2 July 2012, 12:14,
(2 July 2012, 11:56)Skean Dhude Wrote: BP,

If even 0.01% of them bug out that is still a lot of buggers bugging out. Some may not be bright, and as a group less so, but some are.

I think that you undestimate the risk. You may be right but erring on the side of caution is our way. Much better to plan for the worst case.

i realise that SD( i'll do a few calculations based on .01% later) but if we are on the ball like i think most of you are, we will be long gone to our bol's before the sheeple( those remotely intelligent to realise anything is up) get anywhere near us.
Some people that prefer to be alone arent anti-social they just have no time for drama, stupidity and false people.
2 July 2012, 12:37,
(2 July 2012, 11:32)Paul Wrote: .

They also crap over everything!

Who the environmentalists? ferkin long haired hippies we should be allowed to hunt hippies and chavs, not as fast as foxes but it would be still fun.

2 July 2012, 13:43,
i would put most people at 5... sorry, i know its bad, but when it does happen its better safe then sorry, unless you know them or know somebody you trust that will say their ok. best to watch and wait to see what their intentions are
7 July 2012, 14:13,
(2 June 2012, 13:22)Timelord Wrote: Thankyou BP, so you regard them as less of a threat with them being a prepper (unknown to you at the time).
That is what I am looking for.

I'd say they're about an equal threat as anybody else.
The fact that they will be less desperate than the average person is outweighed IMO by -
a) the fact that a prepper will 100% have at least a knife (and possibly axe, crossbow etc.)
b) they don't know you're a prepper unless your gear gives it away. So if they just barely see you through bushes and feel they're being stalked, they may just fire that crossbow without even getting a good look at you.
7 July 2012, 16:44,
(7 July 2012, 14:13)HunterNurturer Wrote:
(2 June 2012, 13:22)Timelord Wrote: Thankyou BP, so you regard them as less of a threat with them being a prepper (unknown to you at the time).
That is what I am looking for.

I'd say they're about an equal threat as anybody else.
The fact that they will be less desperate than the average person is outweighed IMO by -
a) the fact that a prepper will 100% have at least a knife (and possibly axe, crossbow etc.)
b) they don't know you're a prepper unless your gear gives it away. So if they just barely see you through bushes and feel they're being stalked, they may just fire that crossbow without even getting a good look at you.
thats a good point, i would say that you should scout your location and know who is in your area, and firing a bow or crossbow into bushes without a clear shot is probably a waste of an arrow as it is more likely to hit bark than flesh and gives away your presence.
7 July 2012, 17:12,
I think I am an excellent judge of character and for example on this very forum there is at least 8 people I would gladly welcome into my home and share my resources with, equally and with truly great delight I can also say that there is NO ONE on this forum I would NOT try and help if i could. Compare that to other places I frequent and I would say there is only a couple in each place i would gladly welcome, the rest i would try and avoid and a very smally number i would shoot on sight Smile

I find everyone on this forum truly enlightening, reassuring, inspiring and worthy of my deepest respect.

7 July 2012, 17:16,
(7 July 2012, 17:12)NorthernRaider Wrote: I think I am an excellent judge of character and for example on this very forum there is at least 8 people I would gladly welcome into my home and share my resources with, equally and with truly great delight I can also say that there is NO ONE on this forum I would NOT try and help if i could. Compare that to other places I frequent and I would say there is only a couple in each place i would gladly welcome, the rest i would try and avoid and a very smally number i would shoot on sight Smile

I find everyone on this forum truly enlightening, reassuring, inspiring and worthy of my deepest respect.

on behalf of all on this site i say:" thankee kindly good sir!"TongueBig Grin