Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Deer
27 May 2012, 18:17,
RE: Deer
(27 May 2012, 17:57)Pagan-Mist Wrote: Good food souce high in protein and low in fat, mind you they are a pain in the a**e

The deer are bad enough but if you hit a buffalo they really clog up the windscreen wipers RolleyesBig Grin

27 May 2012, 18:20,
Hahaha I bet it wouldn't just be the windsceen I doubt there wouldn't be much left of the car lol
True heroes don't wear football shirts, they wear dog tags.
27 May 2012, 21:30,
Be aware that if you pick up a very fresh road killed deer it may come back to life. The man in our village who We (Me and mum) took a road-killed deer to be butchered has opened his boot a few times to find the deer he slung in there is staring back at him. They usually die of shock pretty soon after though.
Woe to those who add house to house and join field to field, Until there is no more room, So that you have to live alone in the midst of the land!
Isaiah 5:8
3 June 2012, 14:33,
Do not complain too much. If a survival situation arises they may be the means of survival or death. I'm sorry for the damage thay cause but they are still living naturally, while we are not. Kenneth Eames.
3 June 2012, 17:40,
(27 May 2012, 21:30)Tibbs735 Wrote: Be aware that if you pick up a very fresh road killed deer it may come back to life.
Don't mean to pick but I that would never happen. What the issue is is deer lying unconscious in the road that you think is dead. That is not so common here but I have read many similar stories from the US, some funny and some, well, they are all funny to us.

Skean Dhude
-------------------------------
It is not the strongest of the species that survives, nor the most intelligent that survives. It is the one that is the most adaptable to change. - Charles Darwin
4 June 2012, 15:19,
reminds me of an event that happened back in 1985, had gone to a Meatloaf concert and was coming back over the moors(Dartmoor), somewhere up around Postbridge, driving back in the dark we saw this flashing light, when we got closer we found it was a VW camper that had collided with a cow which had wandered across the road-most of the Moor is unfenced, or maybe the cow had collided with the camper? anyway the windscreen was completely smashed and the unfortunate cow was dead in the road , after asking if we could help-we couldnt as the driver had already phoned his brother, we continued on our journey.Big Grin
Some people that prefer to be alone arent anti-social they just have no time for drama, stupidity and false people.
4 June 2012, 19:20,
(4 June 2012, 15:19)bigpaul Wrote: reminds me of an event that happened back in 1985, had gone to a Meatloaf concert and was coming back over the moors(Dartmoor), somewhere up around Postbridge, driving back in the dark we saw this flashing light, when we got closer we found it was a VW camper that had collided with a cow which had wandered across the road-most of the Moor is unfenced, or maybe the cow had collided with the camper? anyway the windscreen was completely smashed and the unfortunate cow was dead in the road , after asking if we could help-we couldnt as the driver had already phoned his brother, we continued on our journey.Big Grin

just like a cow out of hell BPBig Grin
just read alas Babylon ,so im going to get more salt!!!!
5 June 2012, 10:46,
because most of the moors is unfenced all the stock-cattle, ponies and sheep-wander across the road at will, the sheep sometimes sit on the road-the tarmac retains the heat, thats why there is a 40MPH speed limit on ALL the moor roads.
Some people that prefer to be alone arent anti-social they just have no time for drama, stupidity and false people.
7 June 2012, 00:33,
I hit and killed a small young roe this morning.

Was doing slightly less than 40mph and it actually jumped across the right hand side of the road , landed in the middle , had time for a frightened look just over the bonnet of my focus as my left hand tyres ran it over.

It was left in 3 pieces 20ft behind me.
It wasn't moving.

Unbelievably NO external damage to the bodyshell and lights etc , underneath the panel that supports the radiator was pushed back about 3 inches and the bottom right side of the radiator was crumpled but , not , leaking.

The plastic filler tray under the engine had been obliterated however , much like young bambi. Garage on Monday for the motor.

Anyone like tenderised roe ? Blush
Trying very hard not to be paranoid.....and it aint getting easier.
29 November 2012, 21:43,
You Chaps have got it all wrong killing deer with cars...They taste a lot better when you shoot them.Big Grin

Ardgay, Scotland and a pair of Yield Hinds (Red Deer)

http://i219.photobucket.com/albums/cc180...G_1344.jpg