Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
alternative housing ??
28 May 2012, 17:38, (This post was last modified: 3 July 2012, 23:14 by Nemesis.)
alternative housing ??
you might like to check this out: http://www.windysmithy.co.uk click on: Tow-a-Vardos maybe a bit expensive but the beauty of this is its portable and more comfortable than a tent, maybe an alternative to housing for some after TSHTF and if you dont like where you are living you can just hitch up and move on!Big Grin
sorry, for some reason the link dosent work, you'll have to type it in by hand, it is worth it!
Some people that prefer to be alone arent anti-social they just have no time for drama, stupidity and false people.
28 May 2012, 18:41,
RE: alternative housing ??
I like the idea but I'd hate getting the crap beaten out of me by something thinking I'm a gypsy.
Skean Dhude
-------------------------------
It is not the strongest of the species that survives, nor the most intelligent that survives. It is the one that is the most adaptable to change. - Charles Darwin
28 May 2012, 20:03,
i was thinking more about AFTER TSHTF, we wouldnt have time for labels like gypsy, hippy, biker etc. we would ALL be survivors!!
Some people that prefer to be alone arent anti-social they just have no time for drama, stupidity and false people.
28 May 2012, 20:26,
You think that labels will be forgotten that quickly. Imagine you are looking at someone approaching your camp in one of these. What is your first though?
Skean Dhude
It is not the strongest of the species that survives, nor the most intelligent that survives. It is the one that is the most adaptable to change. - Charles Darwin
29 May 2012, 08:55,
cant get the link can some one tell me what they are plaese
just read alas Babylon ,so im going to get more salt!!!!
29 May 2012, 09:18,
(28 May 2012, 20:26)Skean Dhude Wrote: You think that labels will be forgotten that quickly. Imagine you are looking at someone approaching your camp in one of these. What is your first though?

i'm not worried what they arrive in...i might even know them from GlastonburyBig Grin i'd be more worried in how many of them in the party and do they have guns??
29 May 2012, 10:33,
i guess what i am trying to say is post SHTF the old labels wont apply anymore, it wont really matter what you were in life before "the crash" its what you can to survive that matters.
29 May 2012, 11:32,
I think we will keep our old labels and just enhance them by adding more.

These labels will then adapt over time but I can't see them going straight away.
Skean Dhude
29 May 2012, 11:39,
i think we'll all be too busy staying alive to worry about labelling someone..this or that, in the event of a large die off i dont want to be near anyone anyway, i'm getting the heck out and visitors will NOT be welcomed...dont care what they were before the event.
3 July 2012, 20:37,
thats the thing about labels, they take no time, its a snap decision, you see a guy like this
[Image: 447px-Chav_scally.jpg]
you think chav, doesnt matter how he talks or how his mind works, just how he looks

same would apply after TSHTF you'd see a guy with a mohican wearing fuck all with a gun, you'd think raider, so labels would apply, but they would come through snap decisions, after all after you shoot them you aint gonna get to know them, and most of us would shoot first and talk later, or indeed not at all.

of course if a bad virus happened there'd be 2 labels, infected and clean. nothing more nothing less.

anyway back to the main topic, thats one awesome house dude, i'd live in that right now....not a bad price neither!....not sure how practical post SHTF especially as its not exactly offroady o.O