Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
SHTF Predictions
30 May 2012, 15:23,
RE: SHTF Predictions
I think it was triggered in 2007 with the subprime loan business. That, for me, was the trigger. That is what really began the downward financial spiral. Then again, 9/11 could have been the start as well.

One thing I do know, we're gathering momentum and not heading in the right direction with it! There are no breaks! We're just heading down the hill going faster and faster.

Even one of my little Scouts let slip that "it's good to prepare for the apocolypse." when we were making fire on Monday. I was stunned to hear him say that!

If there is a single event that snowballs it, I don't believe we're counting this event's occurence in years. Months is more like it.
Dissent is the highest form of Patriotism - Thomas Jefferson
Those who sacrifice freedom for security deserve neither - Benjamin Franklin
30 May 2012, 15:50,
i dont know really, i'm watching to see what happens, especially with Greece on June 18th, so far there isnt much happening which really effects life in my neck of the woods...even petrol has come down to its pre panic price..today its 136.9 per litre, havent noticed any great price increase in food prices..we still pay roughly the same price to top up each week....so far all the news is just that..news on the TV and in the newspapers...life goes on down here the same as before.
Some people that prefer to be alone arent anti-social they just have no time for drama, stupidity and false people.
30 May 2012, 19:32,
Yeah, I'm having that feeling too BP. It gets you relaxed and thinking, "Nah, nothing's going to happen." But as soon as you think that, that's when you get caught off guard!

I agree, life is chugging along quite normally here (as normal as my life can be haha) but it makes you wonder what's boiling just out of site.
30 May 2012, 22:15,
I see the Euro crisis, bringing inconvenience. It already has, and it will bring a bit more. But I can't help thinking there is another bigger storm coming, from a direction very few are looking. I like empirical data, I'm a positivist, so this kind of woolly thinking is very much against my norm. I learnt to trust my instincts as a biker... there where a lot of times that I jammed on my breaks for no reason, and while trying to figure out why I had done that, the car that would have killed me comes flying through the red light. I don't think it's supernatural, I just think our subconscious knows A LOT more than it lest on to our concious. So I despite being a general cynical and logical to the point that many people find it irritating, I tend to follow these hunches. Of course logic wins out, and I reason that it's always best to prepare for what you don't expect. Prepare for broad scenarios and remain adaptable... adaptability is the key... from evolution to the most successful tanks.

Bit of a tangent there... I just had a vivid dream last night of slowly approaching massive black storm. It was the least subtle metaphor I've ever seen. I thought I should have been able to do better than that.

Fluffiness aside. The slow transition of wealth to the new (ish) giant economies of China, and then India, are gaining pase, and will change the developed world for good. It's already been happing a while, and it's not going to be lightening quick. But the Eurozone, is just one symptom of this.

Something else has got my spider senses tingling though... and I can't quite put my finger on it. That is actually why I joined this forum. I've been pepping for 25 years, but something has exasperated my usual healthy paranoia recently. And it's got %$&£ all to do with the any pre-Colombian calendars.
30 May 2012, 22:27,
Very well said Tonka. I do not disagree in the least.

Ey up everyone.
You have to get up early to catch a fox.
31 May 2012, 12:05,
I go along with the prevailing mood ie somethings in the air. All these orchestrated threats to stress the masses into accepting evermore loss of freedom and sanity do seem to be ratcheting up of late. There does seem to be an indecent haste on the part of TPTB to implement their plans. They seem to be in such a rush that they are getting sloppy and not so bothered about fairly public errors such as the false flag event on Syrian children,

http://www.presstv.ir/detail/2012/05/30/...-massacre/

and the BBC once again caught shilling for their money masters

http://www.presstv.ir/detail/2012/05/29/243707/bbc/

I am puzzled as to the cause of their haste, is their something around the corner that will be to our benefit and against theirs ? Its as if they have a deadline but I cannot figure out what it is. I am pumping all I can into supplies as a response, so I suppose I am as stressed as the next man but hopefully more productive!

I suppose we wont get to know whats going on until we sit at our desks and find the internet shut down, for 'security' reasons of course!

31 May 2012, 12:53,
living in the countryside we dont really hear about things until they are "old news", if you are someone like my S-I-L who NEVER buys a newspaper and dosent watch the news on the TV then you would never know about things like the riots or flooding....when we ask her what do you think about....? she dosent know what we are talking about! the only reason we know is because i buy a newspaper(3 times a week) and i watch the news channels on TV. life is very quiet and peaceful in the countryside and any conversation usually involves the weather!!Big Grin
Some people that prefer to be alone arent anti-social they just have no time for drama, stupidity and false people.
31 May 2012, 16:22,
I think that's called "ignorance is bliss" and it really is.
31 May 2012, 16:38,
(31 May 2012, 16:22)Scythe13 Wrote: I think that's called "ignorance is bliss" and it really is.

are you referring to SIL or me...or both??Big Grin
2 June 2012, 19:46,
For many years I had a feeling that something horrible would happen in my lifetime. That feeling has never left me. With the present situation within the world, I am quite convinced it will be soon. However, I am now wondering whether it is just a case of 'what we are born for - NATURAL DEATH'. ( My individual case of course). Kenneth Eames.