Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
SHTF Predictions
3 June 2012, 01:44,
RE: SHTF Predictions
(2 June 2012, 19:46)Kenneth Eames Wrote: For many years I had a feeling that something horrible would happen in my lifetime. That feeling has never left me. With the present situation within the world, I am quite convinced it will be soon. However, I am now wondering whether it is just a case of 'what we are born for - NATURAL DEATH'. ( My individual case of course). Kenneth Eames.

Yes, death does happen in everybody's lifetime... usually sometime near the end.

I figure that if Doomsday it does happen soon and I haven't prepared, I will a) feel a twat. b) have let my family down. c) either suffer horribly or die or both.

If I do prep, then all I have lost is bit of time, but time that is quite enjoyable. Practising your aim or, fire making is all a hobby too, so isn't really a waste of time. It of course costs a bit of money... but it need't cost much. Beans are still 8p a can, ex-military kit is still at every carboot sale. So it's a no-brainier really. But only if you are that way inclined to start with. I think most of the people here get some kind of enjoyment out of prepping... it's not just the concern of TSHF.

3 June 2012, 11:47, (This post was last modified: 3 June 2012, 11:55 by Timelord.)
It's all going to end. Woh is me! lol
ust to add - (this is not directed at anyone :-)
Just myself!

I think if I was still in my 20's, the I would be more worried and may feel shortchanged somewhat. Now I am pragmatic and am happy for the time I have had already. It is more than many.. It is not defeatist - in fact it makes one more effective in the right circumstances. :-)

Being Wary & being Fearful are very different motivators.
Being Wary comes through experience & being fearful comes from a lack of it.
3 June 2012, 12:23,
i wish i was in my 20's still, but that i knew what i know now!!Big Grin
Some people that prefer to be alone arent anti-social they just have no time for drama, stupidity and false people.
3 June 2012, 12:27,
Maan, you'd really want to be that cynical in your 20's?? lol
3 June 2012, 12:35,
i WAS that cynical in my 20's!! and i still am!! (Trust no one and you may survive, put your life in someone elses hands and die trying.)Big Grin
Some people that prefer to be alone arent anti-social they just have no time for drama, stupidity and false people.
3 June 2012, 17:42,
I was pretty much the same in my 20s. The only thing is now I have a lot more experience to base my cynicism on.
Skean Dhude
-------------------------------
It is not the strongest of the species that survives, nor the most intelligent that survives. It is the one that is the most adaptable to change. - Charles Darwin
3 June 2012, 17:55,
Wisdom comes with age, Cynicism comes with experience.

3 June 2012, 18:51,
how true, now with a lifetimes experience i find i trust no one( preppers excluded-i mean the general population), i have found that any bad experience usually has something to do with other people having caused it or interfered in it, which is why i dont mind being alone post SHTF.
5 June 2012, 17:02,
i woke up this morning and wondered if the S had really hit the fan without me knowing it, it has been soooo quiet all day, i know its been raining here all day but we usually hear some noise..car engines, kids screaming....absolutely nothing! if it hadnt been for my neighbour walking his dog i would have thought everyone else was dead but us....oh well, back to normal tomorrow i expect.Tongue
5 June 2012, 23:03,
(5 June 2012, 17:02)bigpaul Wrote: i woke up this morning and wondered if the S had really hit the fan without me knowing it, it has been soooo quiet all day

I had that feeling for a few minutes in the Supermarket last week, when I noticed that all the shelves had big spaces and lots of stuff had sold out.
It wasn't even a TESCO as they never have anything in stock at the best of times.

But I looked for other signs of 'somethingwrongness', and decided that this time what seemed like paranoia was actually just paranoia.