Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
RADIO COMMS (second attempt)
28 June 2012, 13:54,
RADIO COMMS (second attempt)
I cannot post a reply to Lightspeed on the original thread cos the gremlins are back and making the text disappear from the thread.

So here is my reply to Mr Lightspeed

Some Direct question to you NR:
As a seasoned prepper with knowledge and experience developed beyond most of the rest of us on this site, what do you think about using CB both now and in the long term? Do you think it is a viable proposition for the wider prepper community, not just those of us in this group?

To make a viable network (with redundancy) country-wide we’d need around 100 prepper stations to participate. Do you think we could muster that many? Cheers

Lightspeed

Right Now, rigs would be handy just like our camp cookers, crossbows, and vehicles, all work better if we are well practised and familiar with our kit.
AFTER TSHTF I feel that radio comms is going to be essential in the prepper community especially when we start trading, bartering, cooperating, or just socialiing (in parts of rural Chile and Peru kids living in remote areas are taught their school work by teachers using CBs) After many disasters even in highly developed countries like the US after a big storm or hurricane the only comms that come straight back on line to help are CB and Ham.

I'm pretty certain that out of 100 preppers with skill or knowledge in the UK 99% of em would see a vital use for a local or regional radio network, maybe half would see a national network as worthwhile in the long term. BUT of those 100 some will want 10 meter Ham, others 27 AM US, other 27 FM UK, others The European network, others with more skills and money will get more powerfil longer reaching ham units.

I think in time overall though most regions will choose one or more local systems but who is using what will probably common knowledge across the whole community, so if say someone like me was on 27FM up here but I wanted to contact someone in central wales I would know they are on 10 meter and contact them by someones ham unit.

This is why I would REALLY like the radiohogs on forums like this to talk to the radio hogs and forum owners on UKP, P2S etc and just try and seek some common ground. A comprimise say we use 27FM UK and PMR 446 and 10 meter, common ground kit will never happen but some commonality in frequencys could prolly be achieved.

I would suggest, grovel, plead, beg for all forums to simply list their forums frequency (s) some place on their forum. I would ask them myself but because I've pissed off so many people I think the other forums would just offer me some advice on sex and travel.

What do thopse Radynet guys use as volunteer emergency radio comms systems ? Shirley those frequenncies would be possibly suitable?

We really need a forum boss and a radio geek to cooperate on this and get some common ground sorted, then I think once a foundation guide has been worked out other preppers will get radios to be part

28 June 2012, 15:13,
RE: RADIO COMMS (second attempt)
Slightly off-topic, but if we (I mean those on here that want it) all decided on going to CB route, then we could approach a shop / manufacturer to arrange a group buy. This should net everyone some discount. Obviously doesn't have to be CB, could be anything. The more people in the greater the discount (generally)

If the decision is made, I will happily contact all the outlets I can find to try and get us all a bargain.

Sorry NR, back to the actual discussion Smile
28 June 2012, 16:06,
RE: RADIO COMMS (second attempt)
Always happy with saving money.
Skean Dhude
-------------------------------
It is not the strongest of the species that survives, nor the most intelligent that survives. It is the one that is the most adaptable to change. - Charles Darwin