Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What will summer 2012 bring ?
13 June 2012, 12:25,
RE: What will summer 2012 bring ?
dont have any problems with immigrants in my neck of the woods, we are in a low pay area and there arent many jobs anyway, a lot of people commute to jobs in Exeter from here-that a 60+ mile round trip each day!
Some people that prefer to be alone arent anti-social they just have no time for drama, stupidity and false people.
14 June 2012, 09:37,
(13 June 2012, 12:25)bigpaul Wrote: dont have any problems with immigrants in my neck of the woods, we are in a low pay area and there arent many jobs anyway, a lot of people commute to jobs in Exeter from here-that a 60+ mile round trip each day!

I moved from Basingstoke to Southampton (cause it's cheaper for rental property) - so I'm stuck with a 100 mile round trip each day to get to work.

Southampton is a shit hole, there doesn't appear to be a 'nice' area anywhere in the city? The bit we live in seems to be okay. Had the police round a while ago and the copper said that he's never heard of anything happening where we are in the 12 years he's been on the force. Lots of students in Southampton, but I've not seen many gangs hanging around
14 June 2012, 09:47,
thats the problem living in a large urban area, i have always said its the "rabbit hutch" effect, everyone living on top of every one else and not having enough breathing space, thats why you get "domestics" and problem families and in some cases gangs...its all about "Turf" and defending "your" territory, glad i dont live anywhere like that, we left the city when we got married cos my wife didnt like "living in a city"...we lived in a quiet suburb-we were nearer to Cornwall than we were to the city centre!! well, she is a countrygirl..knowledge of farming and things nature and natural..which will come in handy after TSHTF.
Some people that prefer to be alone arent anti-social they just have no time for drama, stupidity and false people.
16 June 2012, 07:47,
(14 June 2012, 09:37)00111001 Wrote:
(13 June 2012, 12:25)bigpaul Wrote: dont have any problems with immigrants in my neck of the woods, we are in a low pay area and there arent many jobs anyway, a lot of people commute to jobs in Exeter from here-that a 60+ mile round trip each day!

I moved from Basingstoke to Southampton (cause it's cheaper for rental property) - so I'm stuck with a 100 mile round trip each day to get to work.

Southampton is a shit hole, there doesn't appear to be a 'nice' area anywhere in the city? The bit we live in seems to be okay. Had the police round a while ago and the copper said that he's never heard of anything happening where we are in the 12 years he's been on the force. Lots of students in Southampton, but I've not seen many gangs hanging around

Reading this makes me so glad my work is in walking distance...
"Wicked phenomenon, yes? But, you know, it’s not any more "evil" than, say… fire. It all depends on your point of view. Try to get a better understanding of things before you make your judgement."
16 June 2012, 10:23,
(16 June 2012, 07:47)Stalker-01 Wrote:
(14 June 2012, 09:37)00111001 Wrote:

Reading this makes me so glad my work is in walking distance...

reading this makes me glad i am semi retired.Big Grin