Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
hunting and trapping
1 September 2011, 01:41,
hunting and trapping
unless loads and loads of people die the hunting can't give us all the food we need there is not a nuff wild live to keep us going we need to farm food unless we eat vermin?.Confused
to win the war, you must be willing to die
1 September 2011, 08:10,
RE: hunting and trapping
Agreed. If everyone was to do it we would run out quickly but;

1) Most of us are still in towns and cities so the areas around them will be swept but that still leaves vast areas outside for us.
2) Even taking all the wildlife will not feed them and they will starve whilst we have our stores.
3) Very few people have the equipment or skills to hunt.

I wouldn't hunt at an early stage anyway to keep our heads down.
Skean Dhude
-------------------------------
It is not the strongest of the species that survives, nor the most intelligent that survives. It is the one that is the most adaptable to change. - Charles Darwin
2 September 2011, 20:31,
You need to remember in the event of a crises unless forced to most people will not want to leave there homes and so will raid shops and each others homes before considering the prospect of hunting and even then they will go for the easy things first such as sheep, cows etc.

there is plenty of vermin and small animals in the countryside for those that decide to hunt it. there will be very few people that will venture away from there home comforts and spend the night under the stars.

in my mind the best tools for hunting in the uk countryside would be a knife, fishing rod, air rifle .177 or .22 and catapult with bb's. the reason for this is they are very quite and will not bring attention to you at a time where you need to keep yourself hidden from mobs of people looking for a free meal or easy ride, shot gun or similar for defence only.
3 September 2011, 09:14,
Dofman,

Agree with you there. Although it depends how far you live from the countryside.
Skean Dhude
-------------------------------
It is not the strongest of the species that survives, nor the most intelligent that survives. It is the one that is the most adaptable to change. - Charles Darwin
8 September 2011, 00:53,
i have thought about this, and look around where i live to see how much wild live there is.
i hope everyone stays in their homes because there isn't that much.
it's ok for a day's hunting or fishing but i don't think it would last long anyway.
unless we hunted people then we would be eating like kings.
humans are supose to teast like pork?
might turn veggie on that day. lol
9 November 2011, 06:31,
With the recent demand for Venison, poaching in Scotland is on the increase. If this continues, there will be very little left for the Survivalist. The Cappercailey has already, almost been hunted to extinction. A very low count; I believe, less than 100. There have been several cases recently of cattle and sheep being slaughtered on farms and being sliced up and taken away at night. One report, said that the people who done the deed, used the farmers wheelbarrow to ferry the meat to their vehicle. Kenneth Eames.
9 November 2011, 11:34,
that happens where i am and those numbers you quoted aren't in a survival time when everyone is looking for food?
9 November 2011, 12:00,
We still have massive amounts of game around here, especially deer, poaching is a bit of an issue and just like Kenneth we have gangs slaughter herds of sheep in the field at night, the rumour mill is that its going down to West Yorks Halal markets.

9 November 2011, 16:12,
we have (in our area) sheep,cattle, horses(dont forget horse meat-very popular in France i believe), a couple of donkeys, hens,ducks,guinea fowl,pheasant, partridge, rabbits and squirrels all within a short distance from our house.
Some people that prefer to be alone arent anti-social they just have no time for drama, stupidity and false people.
11 November 2011, 13:21,
There are different kinds of people available in this world. Some people are vegetarian, some are non-vegetarian. Earlier there used to be Ape people, they first set trap for killing animals and after killing they eat that animal. Animals are important part of our natural cycle. If this cycle is broken then human race might come in great danger. So don't kill animals for your personal purpose.
Rashmi Kamani