Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
SPECIALS AT VARIOUS STORES
22 June 2012, 00:35,
SPECIALS AT VARIOUS STORES
Hi everyone - noticed some nice deals at the following today 21/06/12

LIDL
750g pasta - £0.49p usually £0.50 - £0.85 for 500g most groceries

2 litres Vitafit pure orange juice from Vitafit - £1.29 - (takes great and is long life - expiry 2013

Red Sweet Pepper - £0.39- £0.50p most places

ICELAND
Jacobs Crackers - 2 for £1.70 usually £0.95p - £1.12 everywhere else

Ritz Crackers - 2 for £1.50 - usually £0.95p to £1.50 everywhere else

TESCO
500g Flora Light - £0.88p - usually £1.70 cheapest I have ever seen is
£1.00 - so great buy and I freeze

22 June 2012, 10:42,
RE: SPECIALS AT VARIOUS STORES
a while back we bought 5KG of Basmati rice in Lidl for £4.99, OH says we only use a few ounces at a time so it will last us about 12 months!
Some people that prefer to be alone arent anti-social they just have no time for drama, stupidity and false people.
22 June 2012, 11:18,
Rice and Pasta are my basics. I'm trying to also include potatoes, which are easy enough because we use it and grains, which are harder because we don't use them as much.

You can buy enough rice and pasta to keep you alive for a while. Only thing is it requires water. Don't forget that.
Skean Dhude
-------------------------------
It is not the strongest of the species that survives, nor the most intelligent that survives. It is the one that is the most adaptable to change. - Charles Darwin
22 June 2012, 13:07,
I've been stocking up on Aldi's porridge 75p 1kg
Kept properly, it lasts 30+ years, so I'm told.
just add water no cooking required - it kind of makes it's own milk - try it.

There's a brook nearby so water is not a problem - if it's filtered.
The best money can buy see:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/STAINLESS-STEE...3f0c624efb

Cheers Juice.
22 June 2012, 13:49,
(22 June 2012, 13:07)Juice Wrote: I've been stocking up on Aldi's porridge 75p 1kg
Kept properly, it lasts 30+ years, so I'm told.
just add water no cooking required - it kind of makes it's own milk - try it.

There's a brook nearby so water is not a problem - if it's filtered.
The best money can buy see:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/STAINLESS-STEE...3f0c624efb

Cheers Juice.

I have buckets of porridge dated early 2009 and they are fine, this is non mylar stored and no oxygen absorbers and yes it’s the cheap stuff you get from asda 75p per kg.

As for the kernowrath ebay seller I bought my black berkey from them years ago, but was not cheap, I did buy a British Berkefeld a few years later as I wanted one to use daily in my home to filter tap water and the costs of the black berkey filters was little to much so I went with the SS British Berkefeld with ATC Super Sterasyl filters as per the link above, only problem I had was a snapped off tap "wife’s fault", replacement was easy to get but would suggest get a spare just in case.

And that price is fair as you get 4 super sterasyl filters.

Your comment about the brook nearby I would cloth filter then boil then add to the Berkefeld if we could that is, and allow for not being able to get to the brook illness or dangerous. (rain farm)
Do not look for a sanctuary in anyone except your self    ཨོཾ་མ་ཎི་པདྨེ་ཧཱུྃ
22 June 2012, 14:22,
porrage is an amazing food, can be made into a form of bread. Saw it in lots of finnish and swedish shops. will keep the body warm, and fill you up easy enough. just remember the sugar
22 June 2012, 20:25,
How long will it actually last (porage that is), the longest BBE date i've seen is mid 2014.
Cheers
22 June 2012, 21:21,
dont bother with the bbe date. its a lot of crap. they used to have them for years without dates on them. Put them in an air tight jar (to keep out the damp) and they will keep as long as 30 years
22 June 2012, 21:23,
As long as the bugs don't hatch and eat it all!

I bought a portable gas stove for 8.99 at b&m stores today, it was reduced from 19.99 but I don't know how much other ones are normally
6 July 2012, 19:41,
(22 June 2012, 14:22)James Jackson Wrote: porrage is an amazing food, can be made into a form of bread. Saw it in lots of finnish and swedish shops. will keep the body warm, and fill you up easy enough. just remember the sugar

I had porridge buns once, they were great will need to find out how to make them