Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
OK folks analyse this mess
22 June 2012, 09:58,
OK folks analyse this mess
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-...dbath.html

One pop festival, heavy rain, no plan for bad weather by cops, councils, ferry operators or event organisers.

Now just imagine people fleeing from multiple towns and cities and looking for shelter in the countryside, and being in England it starts raining.

Note the numerous comments from people stranded in cars for over 18 hours

No police anywhere
nothing to eat
no toilets
no alternative routes
no where to go
dare not abandon car
not enough medicines

Police now telling Festival organisers that its THEIR problem to work out an emergency rescue plan for Sunday !!!

There are so many lessons we can learn from this one event its like a Wiki Pedia Preparitus.

22 June 2012, 10:30,
RE: OK folks analyse this mess
this was on the news this morning, one woman said they had NO food and NO water..at all! and they were dying for the toilet...never heard of a Shewee then?? sheeple make me laughBig GrinBig Grin
Some people that prefer to be alone arent anti-social they just have no time for drama, stupidity and false people.
22 June 2012, 10:33,
I've got a few friends who live on the isle of wight. Traffic is crap at the best of times. Anytime there's any kind of even over there it's gridlock around the ferry terminal - I would have thought that there would have been contingency plans in place for a while? It's not like this is the first time this event has taken place...

Someone's cocked up.
22 June 2012, 10:34,

It really makes me wonder what their camping gear actually consists of! they should be in the bast possible shape to cope with those conditions. When I go camping, apart from the obvious tent, sleeping bag and cooking kit, I also take 3l water, water purification tabs, a folding shovel, a weeks worth of dehydrated dinners(homemade), clothing, washing stuff, FAK, and various other bits. AND I carry that. It just goes to show how inept and ill prepared the majority of society are.
It also shows just how in the mire you could be if you rely on vehicles to get you away to safety.

Sailing away, not close to the wind.Heart
22 June 2012, 10:35,
(22 June 2012, 10:30)bigpaul Wrote: this was on the news this morning, one woman said they had NO food and NO water..at all! and they were dying for the toilet...never heard of a Shewee then?? sheeple make me laughBig GrinBig Grin

That's pretty funny. Any festival I've been to I've always taken loads of food and drink - no one wants to pay £5 for a bottle of water or £8 for a burger!

If I lived on the island I'd be walking up and down that queue selling food and water to the ill-prepared Big Grin
22 June 2012, 10:48,
(22 June 2012, 10:35)00111001 Wrote:
(22 June 2012, 10:30)bigpaul Wrote: this was on the news this morning, one woman said they had NO food and NO water..at all! and they were dying for the toilet...never heard of a Shewee then?? sheeple make me laughBig GrinBig Grin

That's pretty funny. Any festival I've been to I've always taken loads of food and drink - no one wants to pay £5 for a bottle of water or £8 for a burger!

If I lived on the island I'd be walking up and down that queue selling food and water to the ill-prepared Big Grin
what a bloody good idea, make some money out of the idiots then use it on preps!!
Some people that prefer to be alone arent anti-social they just have no time for drama, stupidity and false people.
22 June 2012, 10:56,

Most of these folks were stuck on roards some distance away from the Festival site.

22 June 2012, 10:57,
(22 June 2012, 10:56)NorthernRaider Wrote:

Most of these folks were stuck on roards some distance away from the Festival site.

Captive audience though, well worth the walk.
Unless they've forgotten to bring their wallet too...
22 June 2012, 11:00,
GUYS PLEASE this of this story in the light of how such issues can and would affect us. We know the sheeple are a bunch of no hopers, but the points I feel are important is the complete lack of activity by the cops, red cross, emergency services, council etc. As well has just how long would the sheeple sit in their cars for, just how easily sheeple are stopped dead by a spot of rain and a muddy road.

Study what is happening in one small area of the UK cos it rained whilst a slightly larger number of people were on the move than normal. Then consider this type of inaction from the authorities and the idiocy and entire regions of sheeple if something happened on a larger scale. Study the situation and learn, its easy to take the piss out of sheeple, its much more useful to analyse the situation and learn from it.

22 June 2012, 11:02,
Already learned from NR - don't go to a small island when there's a major festival on and expect things to run sweetly.