Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
How to protect what you have ?
27 June 2012, 14:20,
RE: How to protect what you have ?
Move in now as a squatter. Save you a fortune on bills.
Skean Dhude
-------------------------------
It is not the strongest of the species that survives, nor the most intelligent that survives. It is the one that is the most adaptable to change. - Charles Darwin
27 June 2012, 14:23,
(27 June 2012, 14:20)Skean Dhude Wrote: Move in now as a squatter. Save you a fortune on bills.

may be tricky, we are fairly sure it belongs to the farm further down the lane! although if we came up on the lottery thats the first place we would put an offer on!Big Grin
Some people that prefer to be alone arent anti-social they just have no time for drama, stupidity and false people.
27 June 2012, 14:38,
(27 June 2012, 14:23)bigpaul Wrote:
(27 June 2012, 14:20)Skean Dhude Wrote: Move in now as a squatter. Save you a fortune on bills.

may be tricky, we are fairly sure it belongs to the farm further down the lane! although if we came up on the lottery thats the first place we would put an offer on!Big Grin

just hide in the larder! they'll never check there, just make sure you got legal documents saying what date you started squatting, if your sneaky for 7 years you own it! and yes there are instances of this happening, for instance this old guy had a huge mansion and lots of money but no heirs, and this tramp lived in his garden's summerhouse for over 7 years, when the guy pops his clogs they didnt know who to give the estate and all the money to and when they found out the tramp had been squatting for 7 years he was legally entitled to the lot! true story Smile
27 June 2012, 15:00,
(27 June 2012, 14:38)Hrusai Wrote:
(27 June 2012, 14:23)bigpaul Wrote:

just hide in the larder! they'll never check there, just make sure you got legal documents saying what date you started squatting, if your sneaky for 7 years you own it! and yes there are instances of this happening, for instance this old guy had a huge mansion and lots of money but no heirs, and this tramp lived in his garden's summerhouse for over 7 years, when the guy pops his clogs they didnt know who to give the estate and all the money to and when they found out the tramp had been squatting for 7 years he was legally entitled to the lot! true story Smile
i think you'll find its nearer 12 years and i think they are changing the law on "adverse possession" which is what you are talking about, i've been all through the squatting laws and out the other side, OH actually owns some woodland, given to her by ex late father in law by word of mouth, but without documents we are stuffed.
Some people that prefer to be alone arent anti-social they just have no time for drama, stupidity and false people.
28 June 2012, 13:13,
oh really i thought it was 7 xD fair enough, maybe they changed it!....if you've done your research you'll know a damnsite more than i will!

yeah its a pain in the ass to prove things without documents, so many loopholes and things to do with land ownership, evenn worse if you got to deal with land in another country Tongue...we're still unsure about a few things we're meant to have in slovenia (im half slovene Smile )