Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Army Rations.
25 June 2012, 14:32,
Army Rations.

Just found this website may be of use to some.

http://www.armyrations.co.uk/index.html

Sailing away, not close to the wind.Heart
25 June 2012, 19:11,
RE: Army Rations.
cheers for the link. I'll take a peek.
26 June 2012, 06:11,
The link will not work for me. Kenneth Eames.
26 June 2012, 09:05,

Strange, maybe Google it?
I haven't had any dealings with them, and I probably won't because that's not what I store, but I know some of you do, and the prices and variety looked good.

26 June 2012, 09:08,
A lot of the stuff seemed out of stock. But they were having a sale to get in new stocks.
I'll maybe buy one of thier mixed bag packs.
26 June 2012, 09:48,
MRE's = Meals Refused by Ethiopians

26 June 2012, 13:19,
Lol. Maybe I want to be constipated.
26 June 2012, 13:45,

My pal in the Paras has told me stories of ration packs. He is convinced they are a form of environmental protection because you don't produce any waste whilst on them!

26 June 2012, 14:07,
the rat packs and USA MREs are nice to eat cant see wot the prob is the army hate them i like them but to be fair i will eat anything but not beetroot mixed peel and marzipan it all should be banned
just read alas Babylon ,so im going to get more salt!!!!
26 June 2012, 15:56,
(26 June 2012, 13:45)TOF Wrote: My pal in the Paras has told me stories of ration packs. He is convinced they are a form of environmental protection because you don't produce any waste whilst on them!
The old army 24 hour and 48 hour rat packs were so loaded with carbs or somefink that they clogged up a lot of squaddies so at one point they added mild laxatives to the chocolate bars. I loved the tinned cheese, tubes of Damson Jam, and became addicted to the Bacon Grill ( still am I buy tins all the time) The tea bags in the rat pack were HUGE one could make a brew for up to 8 people.

But Rat Packs or MREsif that is all you are being fed whilst on ops week after week you develop a pathological hatred for it all or certain items from the rat packs

I used to go ballistic if I got stuck with effing bloody buggering Dumplings in butterscotch sauce, it was like eating turds soaked in treacle.