Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
sewerage systems.
27 June 2012, 16:49,
sewerage systems.
i was wondering in the event of TSHTF say if the power has gone out, does anyone know how long the sewerage system would work? if the sheeple keep using the toilets how long before the sh1t backs up the pipes? if this happens-we all need to get out fast-right???
Some people that prefer to be alone arent anti-social they just have no time for drama, stupidity and false people.
27 June 2012, 19:00,
RE: sewerage systems.
That's a good poiNt! Can't loos be unscrewed from the base and then be capped off in some way? Might be worth figuring out how to do it me thinksUndecided
27 June 2012, 19:06,
(27 June 2012, 19:00)Bug_out_Bag Wrote: That's a good poiNt! Can't loos be unscrewed from the base and then be capped off in some way? Might be worth figuring out how to do it me thinksUndecided
dont know, but even if capped off it wouldnt stop it back filling, i have seen a blocked drain full of you know what lift a heavy manhole cover!Big Grin and the smell would make your eyes water....sorry!Tongue
Some people that prefer to be alone arent anti-social they just have no time for drama, stupidity and false people.
27 June 2012, 19:16,
Urrrrrrrrrgh! Hopefully some clever person here may be able to shed light! All ideas of bugging in could be squashed if the house began to fill with 'you know what' ! Hmm Sad
27 June 2012, 19:45,
(27 June 2012, 16:49)bigpaul Wrote: i was wondering in the event of TSHTF say if the power has gone out, does anyone know how long the sewerage system would work? if the sheeple keep using the toilets how long before the sh1t backs up the pipes? if this happens-we all need to get out fast-right???

Not long, not only are ALL the UKs sewage and effluent treatment electric pumped, but also like 90% of the drinking water much of the waste water and sewage systems are pumped requiring electricity.
Tis the foolish prepper who lives at the bottom of the hill or between the town and the sewage works. In London the pumped sewage system fill up about every 24 hours requiring the effluent to be pumped to the treatment works, after that its get your wellies out.

Dont forget that in many cities because of age etc many sewer pipes are only about 18 inches deep, compared to many modern developments where gravity can be used the drop is six feet.

I think the novel / movie Deluge by Richard Doyle addresses this issue in part of his book about Londonabad being overwhelmed by a Storm Surge.

27 June 2012, 21:45,
Ive been pondering this problem for a while. Live in semi detached house with a seperate sewer running next to my neighbours sewer system. I could easily block mine, but if neighbour dose not agree to do his then it would be in my garden as well.

To be honest this would be one of biggest problems of bugging in a built up area. It would be the biggest factor in having to move location. Come the day you would need to get your neighbours on side within 24 hours otherwise you would be really in the S**T. As we all know thats not going to happen with your standard sheeple.

Dependency Equals Control
27 June 2012, 22:02,
Just noted the movie FLOOD which is the film version of Deluge I think is on Scy Fy thiis weekend, Robert Carlyle good story of London being flooded.

27 June 2012, 23:47, (This post was last modified: 27 June 2012, 23:49 by Bug_out_Bag.)
(27 June 2012, 21:45)Lester Wrote: Ive been pondering this problem for a while. Live in semi detached house with a seperate sewer running next to my neighbours sewer system. I could easily block mine, but if neighbour dose not agree to do his then it would be in my garden as well.

To be honest this would be one of biggest problems of bugging in a built up area. It would be the biggest factor in having to move location. Come the day you would need to get your neighbours on side within 24 hours otherwise you would be really in the S**T. As we all know thats not going to happen with your standard sheeple.

How would you block it Lester? Thanks Smile

(27 June 2012, 22:02)NorthernRaider Wrote: Just noted the movie FLOOD which is the film version of Deluge I think is on Scy Fy thiis weekend, Robert Carlyle good story of London being flooded.

I'd like to see this but I don't have Scy Fy ... I'll keep an eye out for it elsewhere thanks Smile
28 June 2012, 08:32,

If I remember right, Flood is a two part mini series. It was on BBC a while ago. It's a good story.

Sailing away, not close to the wind.Heart
28 June 2012, 08:33,
(28 June 2012, 08:32)TOF Wrote: If I remember right, Flood is a two part mini series. It was on BBC a while ago. It's a good story.

Thats the one, with the guy of Stargate universe in the lead, the book and the movie are both good.