Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
How To Treat a Gunshot Wound
18 June 2013, 18:46,
RE: How To Treat a Gunshot Wound
Semi-agree Mortblanc that a knife wound in the same location other than central core on a human tend to be more damaging and potentially fatal than GSW, but disagree with 'Unless a primary organ or artery is hit you have a pretty good chance.' as the trauma induced (especially by modern rifle bullets) depends on the construction of the bullet. Most military bullets are designed to provide maximum wounding to incapacitate even with missing vital organs and arteries. If medical help is not forthcoming these will be fatal.

Having said that it is good solid post and sound advice!
18 June 2013, 19:42,
Missing links

How to Perform Rescue Breathing
http://www.wikihow.com/Perform-Rescue-Breathing

How to Administer Adult CPR (Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation)
http://www.wikihow.com/Do-CPR-on-an-Adult

How to Treat a Spinal Injury Victim
http://www.wikihow.com/Treat-a-Spinal-Injury-Victim

from the original post.
http://daily-survival.blogspot.com/2009/...ounds.html

(yeah, yet another link heavy post from me. sorry)
22 June 2013, 16:52,
(18 June 2013, 18:18)bigpaul Wrote: wish I hadn't answered this one, without our own high powered guns we're all sitting ducks, but this isn't America, and most of us don't live in Londonistan or Birmingabad, apart from a few old ancient shotguns its not something that's going to happen around here.

BP I may be very wrong, but I have a suspicion that once the shoe drops and/or the balloon goes up, an amazing number of rifles and pistols and a staggering amount of ammunition will suddenly appear in the UK as stashes from WWII are broken out by sons and grandsons.

Governments are notoriously inefficient, and if you think that all the members of the armed forces turned in their weapons (or weapons that they captured from the enemy) and that these weapons were properly accounted for, then I have a bridge in London that I'll sell you cheap!

I really hope I'm right about this... I'd hate to have to sell you that bridge!
If at first you don't secede, try, try again!
22 June 2013, 16:58,
(22 June 2013, 16:52)Jonas Wrote:
(18 June 2013, 18:18)bigpaul Wrote: wish I hadn't answered this one, without our own high powered guns we're all sitting ducks, but this isn't America, and most of us don't live in Londonistan or Birmingabad, apart from a few old ancient shotguns its not something that's going to happen around here.

BP I may be very wrong, but I have a suspicion that once the shoe drops and/or the balloon goes up, an amazing number of rifles and pistols and a staggering amount of ammunition will suddenly appear in the UK as stashes from WWII are broken out by sons and grandsons.

Governments are notoriously inefficient, and if you think that all the members of the armed forces turned in their weapons (or weapons that they captured from the enemy) and that these weapons were properly accounted for, then I have a bridge in London that I'll sell you cheap!

I really hope I'm right about this... I'd hate to have to sell you that bridge!

its not so much as the fire arms them selves it the ammo rounds that are bloody impossible to get with out a FAC ticket
just read alas Babylon ,so im going to get more salt!!!!
22 June 2013, 17:04,
(22 June 2013, 16:52)Jonas Wrote: BP I may be very wrong, but I have a suspicion that once the shoe drops and/or the balloon goes up, an amazing number of rifles and pistols and a staggering amount of ammunition will suddenly appear in the UK .
I might agree with you Jonas if I lived in one of our claustaphobically crowded major cities but I don't...so I wont!
Some people that prefer to be alone arent anti-social they just have no time for drama, stupidity and false people.
22 June 2013, 22:13,
There are plenty of legal gun owners out there who do not live in the cities. There are plenty of shooting sports and clubs to back this up. There are not just farmers with a few old shotguns in the countryside either. Most responsible firearms owners do not advertise the fact and so you may be living near to a legal gun owner and not know about it. If you are not in the loop, then your perceptions may be narrowed. TL
"How far back in time do you think our future will be?"
22 June 2013, 23:08,
Only one of my neighbours knows I have firarms and that is because she was one of my referees.

I always put them in their covers before I go out and take them out the back door straight into the boot while the car is up the drive. So only three neighbours could see that anyway and she is one of those.

like to keep it quiet.
Skean Dhude
-------------------------------
It is not the strongest of the species that survives, nor the most intelligent that survives. It is the one that is the most adaptable to change. - Charles Darwin