Poll: If Chosen as our preferred frequency, Who's for CB 27/81 equipment purchase & testing?
This poll is closed.
No, I will not be purchasing CB 27/11 compliant comms equipment
7.14%
1 7.14%
YES: I will purchase and peartiipate in CB 27/11 compliant comms equipment & testing
71.43%
10 71.43%
YES: I will be purchasing CB 27/81 compliant comms equipment but will not participate in testing
21.43%
3 21.43%
Total 14 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Poll: If Chosen as our preferred frequency, would you support CB 27/81?
3 July 2012, 12:01,
RE: Poll: If Chosen as our preferred frequency, would you support CB 27/81?
Oil of cloves, emergency temp filler stuff, and a thing to poke it into place with. only about 6 quid IIRC

3 July 2012, 16:47,
On what basis are we being asked to decide already if we would purchase & use CB rigs? Has this been decided as the equipment to use? What is the range, cost, reliability, technical skill level required, number of nodes available, inbuilt redundancy, nationwide coverage?? Is it portable kit? mobile or handheld? Does the range/battery span differ? Will it be adequate in hillier areas? Do we need RF burners? How complex/skill ability is this addition? Cost? power requirements? Is the comms secure? Will the CB equipment do the job for the project proposed? Is the project actually defined enough? Is this thread still applicable or has it been superceded by a newer one? thankyou in advance. TL.
3 July 2012, 16:54,
(3 July 2012, 12:01)NorthernRaider Wrote: Oil of cloves, emergency temp filler stuff, and a thing to poke it into place with. only about 6 quid IIRC

thanks dude, got my mum to buy me one from town, should be back soon ^^
3 July 2012, 18:28,
TL,

This was a poll put out when the CB baton was picked up and was running. It was what triggered my Who there Cowboy post.

I was aksed to change the title but in reality it is only going to identify numbers interested in CB. It will be used to help decide the format.
Skean Dhude
-------------------------------
It is not the strongest of the species that survives, nor the most intelligent that survives. It is the one that is the most adaptable to change. - Charles Darwin
3 July 2012, 18:43,
Here we go again.......................................................

3 July 2012, 23:41,
I am interested in CB. I picked up a 4watt rig off a friend today. It could be a useful bit of kit - possibly. The trouble with asking questions like this thread does, is that it sets peoples minds on the type of rig as if it is already decided. Now I don't mind what is decided and I will be supportive of that, but without a data list comparing advantages & disadvantageous of the various types of kit, then I don't see how a rigorous solution can be achieved. At the moment there are multiple threads, all with overlapping points and new posts being entered on old threads etc. It would be very confusing to try & pick through all the threads and gather the info, especially as some types of comms set ups have hardly been mentioned. At the moment there is no data comparability laid out across the board.
4 July 2012, 06:59, (This post was last modified: 4 July 2012, 07:06 by Lightspeed.)
(3 July 2012, 09:55)Skean Dhude Wrote: Be careful with percentages. They are misleading. Look at the number as well and consider how many base stations will be needed for PMR, CB, CB+ (Enhanced CB) and Ham.

This isn't government work where they use stats to get what they want and they don't care about cost. We want to get it right because it costs us money.

More objectively, we need to get it right as our lives may depend on it...
(3 July 2012, 16:47)Timelord Wrote: On what basis are we being asked to decide already if we would purchase & use CB rigs? Has this been decided as the equipment to use? What is the range, cost, reliability, technical skill level required, number of nodes available, inbuilt redundancy, nationwide coverage?? Is it portable kit? mobile or handheld? Does the range/battery span differ? Will it be adequate in hillier areas? Do we need RF burners? How complex/skill ability is this addition? Cost? power requirements? Is the comms secure? Will the CB equipment do the job for the project proposed? Is the project actually defined enough? Is this thread still applicable or has it been superceded by a newer one? thankyou in advance. TL.

Timelord,

Good question, and sorry not to have indicated the reason for the question when I raised the poll.

Its about numbers. We need to understand how many of ous would be prepared to invest in various formats as a first test of viability of that format.

Just 11 votes so far..... This could be an interesting challenge
(3 July 2012, 18:28)Skean Dhude Wrote: TL,

This was a poll put out when the CB baton was picked up and was running. It was what triggered my Who there Cowboy post.

I was aksed to change the title but in reality it is only going to identify numbers interested in CB. It will be used to help decide the format.

Thanks SD. We really need to know potential numbers to help identify what viable options are available to us.

LS
72 de

Lightspeed
26-SUKer-17

26-TM-580