Poll: If Chosen as our preferred frequency, Who's for CB 27/81 equipment purchase & testing?
This poll is closed.
No, I will not be purchasing CB 27/11 compliant comms equipment
7.14%
1 7.14%
YES: I will purchase and peartiipate in CB 27/11 compliant comms equipment & testing
71.43%
10 71.43%
YES: I will be purchasing CB 27/81 compliant comms equipment but will not participate in testing
21.43%
3 21.43%
Total 14 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Poll: If Chosen as our preferred frequency, would you support CB 27/81?
3 July 2012, 09:17,
RE: Poll: If Chosen as our preferred frequency, would you support CB 27/81?
James,

I had a silver rod up in the heyday. I got my parents to agree for an antenna on the roof, they looked at the DV27 and agreed, and then when they were away on holiday I put up the silver rod. They went ballistic at first but settled down.

My fallback was to install a thin wire antenna along the guttering of our house over to the next house, an old chap for the length necessary. It never came to that but that may be the way for you to go.
Skean Dhude
-------------------------------
It is not the strongest of the species that survives, nor the most intelligent that survives. It is the one that is the most adaptable to change. - Charles Darwin
3 July 2012, 09:47,
heh i like how 77% of us are both willing to purchase and participate xD....as soon as money allows i shall be purchasing meself a radio and doing that course thingy an all that xD

as for an aerial, if it needs to go on the roof i can just tie some wire to one of my cats xD...she goes all over that roof o.O like a ninjaa

@james you could always make a huge satelite dish and claim that its in the name of science xD....usually works for me Tongue
3 July 2012, 09:55,
Be careful with percentages. They are misleading. Look at the number as well and consider how many base stations will be needed for PMR, CB, CB+ (Enhanced CB) and Ham.

This isn't government work where they use stats to get what they want and they don't care about cost. We want to get it right because it costs us money.
Skean Dhude
-------------------------------
It is not the strongest of the species that survives, nor the most intelligent that survives. It is the one that is the most adaptable to change. - Charles Darwin
3 July 2012, 09:58,
fair play, i almost put 7 instead of 77 percent lol....77 percent just sounds more impressive Wink

and yeah amen to getting it right first time cause of monies Smile
3 July 2012, 11:25,
(3 July 2012, 09:17)Skean Dhude Wrote: James,

I had a silver rod up in the heyday.

Did it hurt ???

3 July 2012, 11:31,
(3 July 2012, 11:25)NorthernRaider Wrote:
(3 July 2012, 09:17)Skean Dhude Wrote: James,

I had a silver rod up in the heyday.

Did it hurt ???

+rep for being a funny bugger xD
3 July 2012, 11:35,
I make the best witisisms when I'm stoned on multiple pain killers like now Smile Smile If I dont laugh I will bloody cry I'm in fooking agony today.

3 July 2012, 11:40,
(3 July 2012, 11:35)NorthernRaider Wrote: I make the best witisisms when I'm stoned on multiple pain killers like now Smile Smile If I dont laugh I will bloody cry I'm in fooking agony today.

heh and what witisisms they are!.....hope you get well soon dude Smile....i can relate somewhat, waiting for a dentist appointment at the moment, nothing helps, not even morphine o.O or codeine Tongue
3 July 2012, 11:44,
(3 July 2012, 11:40)Hrusai Wrote: heh and what witisisms they are!.....hope you get well soon dude Smile....i can relate somewhat, waiting for a dentist appointment at the moment, nothing helps, not even morphine o.O or codeine Tongue

Hey have you seen the emrgency dental kits you can get off E bay or from Boots the chemist, I got three of the boots kits just before crimbo and already used one. Dont alf elp they does Smile

3 July 2012, 11:48,
(3 July 2012, 11:44)NorthernRaider Wrote: Hey have you seen the emrgency dental kits you can get off E bay or from Boots the chemist, I got three of the boots kits just before crimbo and already used one. Dont alf elp they does Smile

havent heard of them myself! these are tha first tooth problems i ever had, 18 and no fillings Big Grin....but i shant be having an appointment for the next 2 days at least so i may just have to look into those! thanks dude Smile....any idea whats in them? chances are i got the stuff in my house anyway lol

also i may have to get some of those for a BOB Smile