Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
PUTTING LS and SD on the spot
1 July 2012, 14:41,
PUTTING LS and SD on the spot
This is ONLY a suggestion ladies so please no telling me off or getting grumpy.

If we are to develop a CB based radio system and set of protocols for ALL preppers and survivalist who are part of our community.

If we are to do this well I think many of us will have lots of questions specific to our own needs that we would wish to discuss onlike with SD and LS. It could be SWR issues, Ground plane issues, or whatever.

Three things spring to my mind is
(A) We could do with some step by step guides on choosing and purchasing CB kit ( and reccomendations)

(B) We could do with some online guides on CB protcol and use

© We could do with some guides om tweeks and mods to improve our kit

AND
AND
I was just thinking that if we had a regular CB chat clinic once a week or month on the forum where folks with questions could comm in almost real time with our radio experts. EG tween 8 and 10 PM first Sunday of the month?? on the forum???

NR now ducks under table and waits for flack, not too worried though cos I'm loaded on pain killers.
1 July 2012, 16:45,
RE: PUTTING LS and SD on the spot
NR

You are a littel ahead of the pack, as usual :-)

The concept of us all using a standard system and having a centralised knowledge resource to draw on is exactly as I see things developing.

I'm happy to support with recommendations and responses to questions as best I am able.

For now we ned to get consensus on what format to use and indeed how it will be used.

LS
72 de

Lightspeed
26-SUKer-17

26-TM-580

1 July 2012, 17:29,
Aye Cpn, we cannae change the laws of pyhics, if I dinnae push the warp reactor we'll never get out of here !!!
1 July 2012, 17:33,
(1 July 2012, 17:29)NorthernRaider Wrote: Aye Cpn, we cannae change the laws of pyhics, if I dinnae push the warp reactor we'll never get out of here !!!

right you are Scottie :-)
72 de

Lightspeed
26-SUKer-17

26-TM-580

1 July 2012, 18:33,
See tonights article on the main site. When it is posted around 2000 of course.
Skean Dhude
-------------------------------
It is not the strongest of the species that survives, nor the most intelligent that survives. It is the one that is the most adaptable to change. - Charles Darwin
1 July 2012, 18:43,
(1 July 2012, 18:33)Skean Dhude Wrote: See tonights article on the main site. When it is posted around 2000 of course.

2000 ? Yer late its already 2012 Big Grin

1 July 2012, 18:59,
SWRing in....

Now there's a phrase I haven't heard in years !!
For those not in the know you need a SWR meter and a lot of patience.

I haven't done that since I bought my last DV27 lol...probably 30 years ago now....soldering PL259s on....tweaking the caps to output more power , burners...ahhh flashbacks.
Trying very hard not to be paranoid.....and it aint getting easier.
1 July 2012, 19:36,
(1 July 2012, 18:59)The Local Ned Wrote: SWRing in....

I haven't done that since I bought my last DV27 lol...probably 30 years ago now....soldering PL259s on....tweaking the caps to output more power , burners...ahhh flashbacks.

Yeah it took me back as well to my Jaws 2 rig, and being chased around North Yorks in the middle of the night by the customs, GPO and plods all trying to sieze our illegal AM rigs, Meeting up with other breakers at 3 AM at Barton lorry park cafe on the A1 to meet with truckers smuggling in rigs from the continent etc. Goods youthful fun.

1 July 2012, 19:44,
(1 July 2012, 18:59)The Local Ned Wrote: SWRing in....

I remember the DV27 Ned.

My handle was Road Burner, even though I was like 12 years old and had no car, I thought it was a hard name lol, swr meter was fun I enjoyed it I liked all aspects of CB'ing back then, also met quite a few people on I think the term was "eyeball".

Good times when things had more meaning.
Do not look for a sanctuary in anyone except your self    ཨོཾ་མ་ཎི་པདྨེ་ཧཱུྃ
1 July 2012, 19:55,
QSL cards !!!